Phase II Trial of Abraxane and Capecitabine in Metastatic Colon Cancer (COL 01) (ABX067)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00625573|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 28, 2008
Last Update Posted : September 18, 2009
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Colorectal Cancer||Drug: Abraxane||Phase 2|
- Signed written informed consent
- Patients with histologically or cytologically confirmed stage IV colorectal cancer who have failed either irinotecan-based, oxaliplatin-based or both. ECOG performance status of 0-2
- Presence of measurable disease by radiographic study (including CT or MRI scan, or chest x-ray) or physical examination
- At least 3 weeks since last major surgery.
- At least 6 weeks since prior radiotherapy providing that the extent and site of radiotherapy fields are such that marked bone marrow suppression is NOT expected. Patients who have received palliative radiotherapy must have recovered from any reversible toxic effects e.g. nausea and vomiting caused by radiation of fields.
- At least 4 weeks since prior chemotherapy.
- Pt with reproductive potential must use effective BC
Required Screening Laboratory Criteria:
- Hemoglobin 9.0g/dL
- WBC 3,500/mm3 [ 3.5 x 109/L]
- Neutrophils 1,500/mm3 [1.5 x 109/L]
- Platelets 100,000/mm3 [ 100.0 x 109/L]
- Creatinine 1.5 mg/dL (133 micromol/L) AND creatinine clearance 60 mL/min • A probable life expectancy of at least 6 months.
- No brain metastases.
- If female of childbearing potential, pregnancy test is negative.
- Concomitant malignancies or previous malignancies other than colorectal cancer within the last five years, with the exception of adequately treated basal or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin, carcinoma in situ of the cervix, or low grade prostate cancer.
- Active infection.
- Concurrent severe medical problems unrelated to the malignancy, which would significantly limit full compliance with the study or expose the patient to extreme risk.
- Sexually active patients refusing to practice adequate contraception. (condom plus spermicide, or other form of birth control)
- Patients with conditions which might affect absorption of an oral drug (for example intermittent obstruction) should be excluded unless discussed and agreed with the principal investigator
- History of grade 3 or 4 toxicity to fluoropyrimidines.
- Pre-existing neuropathy ≥ NCI CTC grade 2
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||29 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase II Trial of Abraxane and Capecitabine in Metastatic Colon Cancer (COL 01)|
|Study Start Date :||September 2007|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 2009|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2009|
- Drug: Abraxane
100mg/m2 every week X's 3
- To evaluate the efficacy by means of response rate of Abraxane and capecitabine in combination, in the treatment of patients with colorectal cancer in the 2nd or 3rd line metastatic setting following failure of irinotecan or oxaliplatin based therapy [ Time Frame: One year ]
- To evaluate overall survival, time to progression, response duration, time to response and safety of this combination [ Time Frame: One Year ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00625573
|United States, Florida|
|Mount Sinai Medical Center|
|Miami Beach, Florida, United States, 33140|
|Principal Investigator:||Joseph Pizzolato, MD||Mt. Sinai Medical Center Miami Beach Florida|