Infections After Renal Transplantation: Diseases Pattern in Hong Kong
The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government.
Read our disclaimer for details.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
Ages Eligible for Study:
18 Years and older (Adult, Senior)
Sexes Eligible for Study:
Over a period of 4.5 years, between 1/1/2000 and 30/6/2005, there were totally 58 new cases in our renal transplantation clinic. 36 of them were male, 22 of them were female (Male to female ratio is 1.64:1). All were single-organ recipients. Majority of them (57/58 or 98.3%) were receiving their first renal transplantation, the only exception was a women receiving her second renal transplantation during the study period. Majority (57/48 or 98.3%) of them were cadaveric renal transplantation (CRT). One living-related renal transplantation (LDRT) had been performed in Hong Kong during the study period. Majority of the renal transplantation were performed in Mainland China (48/58 or 82.8%), whilst the remaining 10 operations (17.2%) were performed in Hong Kong.
All living-related or cadaveric renal transplantation episodes (including preemptive ones) performed in the Hong Kong Special Administration Region (HKSAR), Mainland China or overseas during the period 1/1/2000 to 30/6/2005
multiple organ recipients, incomplete records and lost to follow-up, including those cases who have been taken over by other renal centres