Views and Attitudes of Oncologists and Geriatricians on the Use of Chemotherapy and Hormone Therapy in Treating Older and/or Frail Women With Breast Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00478283|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 24, 2007
Last Update Posted : February 9, 2010
RATIONALE: A patient's age, health, and ability to perform daily activities may affect which treatment options are offered by doctors to older and/or frail women with breast cancer.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying the views and attitudes of oncologists and geriatricians on the use of chemotherapy and hormone therapy in treating older and/or frail women with breast cancer.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Breast Cancer||Other: survey administration||Not Applicable|
- Evaluate the attitudes and perspectives of 150 oncologists and 150 geriatricians or primary care providers regarding the adjuvant treatment of older women with breast cancer of varying ages, health, and functional status.
- Determine whether homogeneity exists in treatment recommendations.
- Determine the relative impact of chronological age, baseline health, and functional status on treatment recommendations.
OUTLINE: Participants complete a 25-minute online survey regarding their treatment recommendations for older women with breast cancer of varying ages, health, and functional status.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 300 participants will be accrued for this study.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Perspectives and Attitudes on the Use of Adjuvant Chemotherapy and Hormonal Therapy in Older and/or Frail Women: A Survey of Oncologists and Geriatricians|
|Study Start Date :||December 2006|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2007|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 2007|
- Attitudes and perspectives of health professionals
- Homogeneity of treatment recommendations
- Relative impact of chronological age, baseline health, and functional status on treatment recommendations
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00478283
|Principal Investigator:||Arti Hurria, MD||City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center|