Standard vs. 3-Dimensional Coronary Angiography: a Paired Comparison (3-DCA)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00447148|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 14, 2007
Last Update Posted : October 31, 2007
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Coronary Artery Disease||Procedure: 3-dimensional coronary angiography||Phase 4|
The potential to improve the accuracy of the assessment of the coronary tree by means of 3-D modeling reconstruction may lead to an evaluation of the coronary artery anatomy that approximates more correctly the real anatomy, thus subsequently leading to a more tailored diagnosis and therapy for the patients with ischemic heart disease.
Aim of the current study is to assess whether a 3-D model of the coronary tree offers a less foreshortened and less operator-dependent evaluation of the length of the coronary arteries with respect to standard coronary angiography. Furthermore, for the first time "in-vivo", a comparison with the "real" length of the vessel will be performed using as "gold standard" an intra-coronary guide-wire with radiopaque markers at fixed and known distance one from the other along its distal part.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||36 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Standard vs. 3-Dimensional Coronary Angiography: a Paired Comparison Using Intra-Coronary Marker Wires as Matched-Comparison "Gold Standard"|
|Study Start Date :||October 2006|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2007|
No Intervention: 1
Paired comparison of 2 angiographic techniques
Procedure: 3-dimensional coronary angiography
3-dimensional coronary angiography
Other Name: coronary angiography
- standard coronary angiography over/underestimates the length of the coronary segment evaluated. [ Time Frame: peri-procedural ]
- The length of the segments, evaluated with standard and 3-D angiography, will be compared with the length of the segment measured with the marker guide-wire.
- Each group of the same vessel(LAD, RCA, CX) will be evaluated separately.
- All the QCA results of standard angiography will be compared with those of 3-D angiography, in particular in the segments where the lesion is.
- The percentage of vessel foreshortening of the standard angiography operator-selected "working view" will be compared to the least foreshortened view automatically selected with the 3-D angiography reconstruction.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00447148
|Antwerp Cardiovascular Institute Middelheim|
|Antwerp, Belgium, 2020|
|Principal Investigator:||Pierfrancesco Agostoni, MD||Antwerp Cardiovascular Institute Middelheim|
|Study Chair:||Stefan Verheye, MD, PhD||Antwerp Cardiovascular Institute Middelheim|
|Study Director:||Glenn Van Langenhove, MD, PhD||Antwerp Cardiovascular Institute Middelheim|