Standard vs. 3-Dimensional Coronary Angiography: a Paired Comparison (3-DCA)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00447148|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 14, 2007
Last Update Posted : October 31, 2007
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Coronary Artery Disease||Procedure: 3-dimensional coronary angiography||Phase 4|
The potential to improve the accuracy of the assessment of the coronary tree by means of 3-D modeling reconstruction may lead to an evaluation of the coronary artery anatomy that approximates more correctly the real anatomy, thus subsequently leading to a more tailored diagnosis and therapy for the patients with ischemic heart disease.
Aim of the current study is to assess whether a 3-D model of the coronary tree offers a less foreshortened and less operator-dependent evaluation of the length of the coronary arteries with respect to standard coronary angiography. Furthermore, for the first time "in-vivo", a comparison with the "real" length of the vessel will be performed using as "gold standard" an intra-coronary guide-wire with radiopaque markers at fixed and known distance one from the other along its distal part.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||36 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Standard vs. 3-Dimensional Coronary Angiography: a Paired Comparison Using Intra-Coronary Marker Wires as Matched-Comparison "Gold Standard"|
|Study Start Date :||October 2006|
|Study Completion Date :||July 2007|
No Intervention: 1
Paired comparison of 2 angiographic techniques
Procedure: 3-dimensional coronary angiography
3-dimensional coronary angiography
Other Name: coronary angiography
- standard coronary angiography over/underestimates the length of the coronary segment evaluated. [ Time Frame: peri-procedural ]
- The length of the segments, evaluated with standard and 3-D angiography, will be compared with the length of the segment measured with the marker guide-wire.
- Each group of the same vessel(LAD, RCA, CX) will be evaluated separately.
- All the QCA results of standard angiography will be compared with those of 3-D angiography, in particular in the segments where the lesion is.
- The percentage of vessel foreshortening of the standard angiography operator-selected "working view" will be compared to the least foreshortened view automatically selected with the 3-D angiography reconstruction.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00447148
|Antwerp Cardiovascular Institute Middelheim|
|Antwerp, Belgium, 2020|
|Principal Investigator:||Pierfrancesco Agostoni, MD||Antwerp Cardiovascular Institute Middelheim|
|Study Chair:||Stefan Verheye, MD, PhD||Antwerp Cardiovascular Institute Middelheim|
|Study Director:||Glenn Van Langenhove, MD, PhD||Antwerp Cardiovascular Institute Middelheim|