TNF-Bound Colloidal Gold in Treating Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00356980|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 27, 2006
Last Update Posted : March 15, 2012
RATIONALE: Biological therapies, such as TNF-bound colloidal gold, may stimulate the immune system in different ways and stop tumor cells from growing.
PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects and best dose of TNF-bound colloidal gold in treating patients with advanced solid tumors.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Biological: colloidal gold-bound tumor necrosis factor Other: pharmacological study||Phase 1|
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose of TNF-bound colloidal gold (CYT-6091) in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- Determine the toxicities of CYT-6091 in these patients.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of CYT-6091 in these patients.
- Evaluate biopsy samples of tumor and adjoining normal tissue for levels of CYT-6091.
- Determine if antitumor effects of CYT-6091 occur in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, sequential cohort, dose-escalation study.
Patients receive TNF-bound colloidal gold (CYT-6091) IV on days 1 and 15 (course 1). Approximately 4-6 weeks later, patients are re-staged and responding patients may receive another course of therapy. Patients may receive up to 3 re-treatment courses.
Cohorts of 3-6 patients receive escalating doses of CYT-6091 until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 1 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity.
Blood samples are collected at baseline and periodically during the first course of therapy for pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic analyses.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed every 3 months for 1 year, every 4 months for the next year, and then every 6 months thereafter.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 60 patients will be accrued for this study.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase I Trial of TNF-Bound Colloidal Gold (CYT-6091) by Intravenous Administration in Subjects With Advanced Solid Organ Malignancies|
|Study Start Date :||May 2006|
|Primary Completion Date :||February 2009|
|Study Completion Date :||April 2009|
- Maximum tolerated dose of TNF-bound colloidal gold (CYT-6091)
- Pharmacokinetic profile of CYT-6091
- Measurements of CYT-6091 in tumor biopsies
- Tumor biopsy histology and gene expression after treatment
- Immunogenicity of CYT-6091
- Electron microscopy of biopsy to determine presence of colloidal gold
- Response of target and nontarget lesions
- Overall response
- Duration of response
- Duration of stable disease
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00356980
|United States, Maryland|
|Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center - NCI Clinical Trials Referral Office|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892-1182|
|NCI - Surgery Branch|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892-1201|
|Principal Investigator:||Steven K. Libutti, MD||NCI - Surgery Branch|