Tracking Service Use and Outcomes II:First Episode Psychosis and Psychotic Disorders Clinic
Main Research questions:
- Who are the patients referred for treatment at the Psychotic Disorders Clinic?
- What are the outcomes from treatment for first episode psychosis in multiple outcome domains?
- What hospital resources are used over the early course of the illness?
- How satisfied are patients and family with the treatment and services they received? This is an important study that will help us evaluate the service and treatment offered by the Psychotic Disorders Clinic's specialized early intervention program,which helps young people experiencing early stages of psychotic illness.A growing body of evidence suggests that intervening earlier in the course of the illness with specialized and complimentary pharmacological and psychosocial treatment may be associated with improved outcomes.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Defined Population
Time Perspective: Longitudinal
|Official Title:||Tracking Service Use and Outcomes II:First Episode Psychosis and Psychotic Disorders Clinic|
|Study Start Date:||January 2004|
The project is primarily a descriptive study of individuals experiencing their first episode of psychosis presenting at the Psychotic Disorders Clinic/Early Intervention Program.
The objectives of the study are:
- Track multi-dimensional outcomes within the program
- Track service use
- Compare outcomes for this early intervention program with outcomes noted in published follow up studies
- Evaluate effectiveness of the Psychotic Disorders Clinic in improving outcomes for persons experiencing their first episode of psychosis
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00248027
|Cleghorn Program-Early Intervention in Psychosis.St Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton/Hamilton Health Sciences|
|Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8N 1Y2|
|Principal Investigator:||Suzanne Archie, MD,FRCP(C)||Assistant Professor Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences McMaster University.Active Medical Staff Hamilton Health Sciences.Clinical Director of Cleghorn Early Intervention in Psychosis Program and Psychotic Disorders Clinic|