Predictors of Drug Hypersensitivity in HIV Infected Subjects
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00168220|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn (Insufficient recruitment)
First Posted : September 15, 2005
Last Update Posted : January 20, 2012
|Condition or disease|
|HIV Infections Hypersensitivity|
- To determine in a case control study clinical parameters associated with drug HSR to abacavir, nevirapine and efavirenz in HIV infected subjects.
- To measure functional and numerical differences in DC populations and responses to TLR ligands in patients with HSR and tolerant subjects sharing genetic markers for susceptibility to HSR.
- Identify the role of different DC populations in the development of abacavir reaction by mixing and depletion studies in sensitized subjects and in in vitro assays for abacavir hypersensitivity.
- To measure T cell parameters including T cell viability in culture, and expression of fas and fasL on blood mononuclear cells in HIV infected controls and HSR patients.
- To measure blood T cell populations including drug reactive T cells and T regulatory cells in tolerant and reactive subjects with genetic susceptibility to Abacavir and Nevirapine HSR.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Observational Model:||Case Control|
|Official Title:||Predictors of Drug Hypersensitivity in HIV Infected Subjects|
|Study Start Date :||August 2005|
Drug hypersensitive group
HIV positive patients with a history of a Hypersensitivity Reaction to the antiretroviral medications Nevirapine, Abacavir or Efavirenz
Drug tolerant group
HIV positive patients selected based on drug exposure greater than 2 weeks and tolerance to to Abacavir or Nevirapine.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00168220
|Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3004|
|Principal Investigator:||Paul Cameron, Dr||The Alfred|