Screening Protocol To Determine Eligibility For Studies Of The Chemokine Coreceptor 5 (CCR5) Antagonist GW873140
This study has been terminated.
(The study was terminated due to hepatoxicity of compound)
Information provided by:
First received: July 22, 2005
Last updated: March 28, 2011
Last verified: March 2011
The purpose of this study is to determine eligibility for one of three treatment studies of the CCR5 antagonist GW873140 or an observational study without GW873140. No investigational treatment will be administered through this study.
||Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
||A Screening Protocol to Determine Eligibility for One of Three Phase III Treatment Studies Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of GW873140 in R5-tropic and R5/X4-tropic HIV-1 Infected, Treatment-experienced Subjects With Drug-resistant Virus or an Observational Study.
Primary Outcome Measures:
- Determination of subject eligibility for CCR102709, CCR104456, CCR104458, or CCR104629. [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
| Study Start Date:
| Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||October 2005 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
Other Name: GW873140
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years and older
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- Screening viral load at least 5000copies/mL.
- Total prior antiretroviral experience of at least 3 months and documented resistance to at least one drug in each of the following classes: nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI), non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTI), and protease inhibitors (PI), stable antiretroviral regimen (or no antiretroviral treatment) for at least 4 weeks before screening.
- Able to receive a ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitor during treatment studies.
- Women of childbearing potential must use specific forms of contraception.
- Acute laboratory abnormalities.
- History of pancreatitis or hepatitis, hepatitis B or hepatitis C coinfection, or any chronic liver disease. Screening liver function tests will be used to determine eligibility.
- Changes to antiretroviral therapy from 4 weeks prior to screening until Day 1 of treatment or observational studies.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding women.
- Recent participation in an experimental drug trial.
- Prior use of a CCR5 or CXCR4 antagonist.
- Significant ECG abnormalities or significant history of active pancreatitis, hepatitis, opportunistic infections, malabsorption disorders, cancer, or severe illness.
- Current use of certain medications may exclude participation in this study.
- Additional qualifying criteria and laboratory test requirements to be assessed by study physician.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00123890
||GSK Clinical Trials, Ph.D.
No publications provided
||Study Director, GSK
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||July 22, 2005
||March 28, 2011
||United States: Food and Drug Administration
Denmark: Danish Medicines Agency
Belgium: Ministry of Social Affairs, Public Health and the Environment
Keywords provided by GlaxoSmithKline:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on July 27, 2015
HIV-1 GW873140 CCR5 antagonist experienced