Rosuvastatin Versus Pravastatin in HIV Patients Treated With Boosted Protease Inhibitors (PI) (ANRS126)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00117494|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 7, 2005
Last Update Posted : December 22, 2011
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Hyperlipidemia HIV Infections||Drug: Pravastatin Drug: Rosuvastatin||Phase 4|
The study compares the efficacy and safety of rosuvastatin and pravastatin among dyslipidemic HIV-seropositive patients treated with antiretroviral agents including a boosted protease inhibitor.
It is an open, multicenter, randomised trial, with two parallel groups comparing rosuvastatin with pravastatin.
Statins are administered from D0, with a single daily dose in the morning, for 45 consecutive days.
The duration of the study for each patient will be 45 days not including the preselection period (maximum 15 days).
The primary end-point compares the change in LDL cholesterol between D0 and D45, in patients receiving rosuvastatin (10 mg/day) or pravastatin (40 mg/day) and treated by antiretroviral agents including a boosted Protease Inhibitor.
Secondary end-points compares changes in triglycerides and HDL cholesterol; percentage of patients with a normal value of LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol and triglycerides on D45; clinical safety and laboratory safety parameters of rosuvastatin and pravastatin; distribution profile of the diameter of LDL cholesterol particles.
Cmin of rosuvastatin, pravastatin and protease inhibitors (PI) are controlled at D15 for statins and PI.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||86 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Randomised Comparative Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Rosuvastatin and Pravastatin in Dyslipidemic Patients Treated With Antiretroviral Agents. Anrs 126|
|Study Start Date :||October 2005|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2007|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||June 2007|
- Compare the change in LDL cholesterol between D0 and D45, in patients receiving rosuvastatin (10 mg/day) or pravastatin (40 mg/day) and treated by antiretroviral agents including a boosted protease inhibitor on D45.
- Changes in triglycerides and HDL cholesterol on D45
- Percentage of patients with a normal value of LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol and triglycerides on D45 Clinical and biological safety parameters of rosuvastatin and pravastatin
- Distribution profile of the diameter of LDL cholesterol particles
- Cmin of rosuvastatin and pravastatin on D15
- Cmin of protease inhibitors on D15.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00117494
|service de Médecine Interne Hopital Hotel Dieu|
|Paris, France, 75004|
|Principal Investigator:||Elisabeth Aslangul, MD||Hopital Hôtel Dieu Paris|
|Study Director:||Dominique Costagliola||Inserm U720 Paris Pitié Salpétrière|