Intravenous VEGF Trap in Treating Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Advanced Solid Tumors or Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00082823|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 19, 2004
Last Update Posted : June 3, 2016
RATIONALE: Intravenous VEGF Trap may stop the growth of solid tumors or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma by stopping blood flow to the cancer.
PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects of VEGF Trap in treating patients with relapsed or refractory advanced solid tumors or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cancer||Biological: ziv-aflibercept||Phase 1|
- Determine the safety and tolerability of intravenous VEGF Trap in patients with relapsed or refractory advanced solid tumors or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Determine the steady-state pharmacokinetics of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the ability of this drug to bind circulating vascular endothelial growth factor in these patients.
- Determine whether antibodies to this drug develop in these patients.
- Determine, preliminarily, the ability of repeated doses of this drug to alter tumor growth and vascular permeability in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, multicenter, extension study.
Patients receive VEGF Trap* IV over 1 hour on day 1. Courses repeat every 14 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
NOTE: *Patients receive the same drug dose that they received in MSKCC-03137 (VGFT-ST-0202)
Patients are followed monthly for 3 months.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 25 patients will be accrued for this study within 3-6 months.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||25 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||An Open-Label, Long-Term, Safety and Tolerability Study of VEGF Trap Administered Intravenously in Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors or Lymphoma|
|Study Start Date :||January 2004|
|Primary Completion Date :||May 2008|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00082823
|United States, New York|
|Memorial Sloan - Kettering Cancer Center|
|New York, New York, United States, 10021|
|United States, Tennessee|
|Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center|
|Nashville, Tennessee, United States, 37232-6838|
|Principal Investigator:||William P. Tew, MD||Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center|