Imatinib Mesylate in Treating Patients With Recurrent Ewing's Family of Tumors or Desmoplastic Small Round-Cell Tumor
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00062205|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 6, 2003
Last Update Posted : February 9, 2010
RATIONALE: Imatinib mesylate may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking the enzymes necessary for tumor cell growth.
PURPOSE: This phase II trial is studying how well imatinib mesylate works in treating patients with recurrent Ewing's family of tumors or desmoplastic small round-cell tumor.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Sarcoma||Drug: imatinib mesylate||Phase 2|
- Determine the effectiveness of imatinib mesylate in patients with recurrent Ewing's family of tumors or desmoplastic small round-cell tumor.
- Determine the toxic effects of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the duration of disease-free and overall survival of patients treated with this drug.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label study.
Patients receive oral imatinib mesylate twice daily on days 1-28. Courses repeat every 28 days.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 20-40 patients will be accrued for this study.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||40 participants|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase II Trial of Gleevec (STI571) in Therapy of Ewing's Family of Tumors and Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumors|
|Study Start Date :||June 2002|
|Primary Completion Date :||June 2007|
|Study Completion Date :||June 2007|
- Response rate as measured by RECIST criteria
- Progression-free survival at 6 months
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00062205
|United States, California|
|City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center|
|Duarte, California, United States, 91010-3000|