Imatinib Mesylate in Treating Patients With Recurrent Ewing's Family of Tumors or Desmoplastic Small Round-Cell Tumor
RATIONALE: Imatinib mesylate may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking the enzymes necessary for tumor cell growth.
PURPOSE: This phase II trial is studying how well imatinib mesylate works in treating patients with recurrent Ewing's family of tumors or desmoplastic small round-cell tumor.
|Study Design:||Masking: None (Open Label)
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Phase II Trial of Gleevec (STI571) in Therapy of Ewing's Family of Tumors and Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumors|
- Response rate as measured by RECIST criteria
- Progression-free survival at 6 months
|Study Start Date:||June 2002|
|Study Completion Date:||June 2007|
|Primary Completion Date:||June 2007 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- Determine the effectiveness of imatinib mesylate in patients with recurrent Ewing's family of tumors or desmoplastic small round-cell tumor.
- Determine the toxic effects of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the duration of disease-free and overall survival of patients treated with this drug.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label study.
Patients receive oral imatinib mesylate twice daily on days 1-28. Courses repeat every 28 days.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 20-40 patients will be accrued for this study.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00062205
|United States, California|
|City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center|
|Duarte, California, United States, 91010-3000|