Genetic Study in Patients With Stage II or Stage III Colon Cancer
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00003833|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 27, 2003
Last Update Posted : July 13, 2016
RATIONALE: Genetic studies may help in understanding the genetic processes that cause some types of cancer.
PURPOSE: Genetic trial to study certain genes of patients who have stage II or stage III colon cancer.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Colorectal Cancer||Genetic: DNA stability analysis Genetic: gene mapping|
- Determine the adverse prognostic significance of 8p allelic imbalance (AI) in patients with colon cancer.
- Determine if patient prognosis is dependent on the region of 8p AI.
- Perform fine mapping studies to further localize the putative tumor suppressor gene(s) on 8p.
- Perform multicolor FISH to examine the role that 8p loss and 8q gain play in the prognosis of patients whose tumors exhibit 8p AI.
OUTLINE: Matched normal and tumor DNA is analyzed for 8p allelic imbalance with at least 8 markers: D8S262 and D8S1825 localized to 8p23, D8S254 and D8S261 at 8p22, D8S560 and D8S136 at 8p21, and D8S1820 and D8S283 at 8p12. Normal/tumor tissue pairs are used for fine mapping studies.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||598 participants|
|Official Title:||The Clinical and Pathological Significance of Allelic Imbalance of 8p in Patients With Colorectal Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||February 1999|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 2006|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 2006|
Normal and tumor tissue pairs
Matched normal and tumor DNA is analyzed for 8p allelic imbalance with at least 8 markers: D8S262 and D8S1825 localized to 8p23, D8S254 and D8S261 at 8p22, D8S560 and D8S136 at 8p21, and D8S1820 and D8S283 at 8p12. Normal/tumor tissue pairs are used for fine mapping studies.
|Genetic: DNA stability analysis Genetic: gene mapping|
- overall survival [ Time Frame: Up to 10 years ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00003833
Show 59 Study Locations
|Study Chair:||Richard M. Goldberg, MD||Mayo Clinic|