A Study of Isoprinosine in Patients With Severe AIDS
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00002295|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 31, 2001
Last Update Posted : June 24, 2005
To evaluate the effect of Isoprinosine in patients diagnosed as having AIDS relative to:
Laboratory (immunologic defects):
- Comparison of total helper and suppressor T-cell numbers among the groups.
- Comparison of changes in natural killer cell activity.
- Comparison of other laboratory findings among the groups.
- Comparison of the frequency of opportunistic infections among the groups.
- Comparison of the frequency of the development of AIDS-related malignancies.
- Comparison of other clinical manifestations relative to severity and time of onset.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|HIV Infections||Drug: Inosine pranobex||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Official Title:||A Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study to Investigate the Action of Isoprinosine (Inosiplex) in Patients With Severe Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome|
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00002295
|United States, California|
|Newport Pharmaceuticals International Inc|
|Laguna Hills, California, United States, 92656|