A Study of Isoprinosine in Patients With Severe AIDS
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00002295|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 31, 2001
Last Update Posted : June 24, 2005
To evaluate the effect of Isoprinosine in patients diagnosed as having AIDS relative to:
Laboratory (immunologic defects):
- Comparison of total helper and suppressor T-cell numbers among the groups.
- Comparison of changes in natural killer cell activity.
- Comparison of other laboratory findings among the groups.
- Comparison of the frequency of opportunistic infections among the groups.
- Comparison of the frequency of the development of AIDS-related malignancies.
- Comparison of other clinical manifestations relative to severity and time of onset.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|HIV Infections||Drug: Inosine pranobex|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Official Title:||A Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study to Investigate the Action of Isoprinosine (Inosiplex) in Patients With Severe Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00002295
|United States, California|
|Newport Pharmaceuticals International Inc|
|Laguna Hills, California, United States, 92656|