A Pilot Trial of Manlikang in Reducing Salt Intake and Blood Pressure Among Patients With Hypertension
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03226327|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 21, 2017
Last Update Posted : March 21, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Hypertension Hypertension With Abnormal Renal Function||Dietary Supplement: formula salt with very low sodium (Brand name: Manlikang)||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||43 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Pilot Trial on Efficacy and Safety of a Formula Salt With Very Low Sodium (Manlikang) in Reducing Salt Intake and Blood Pressure Among Patients With Hypertension in Community|
|Actual Study Start Date :||March 28, 2018|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 30, 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 30, 2018|
|Experimental: hypertension patients||
Dietary Supplement: formula salt with very low sodium (Brand name: Manlikang)
hypertension patients will use the formula salt with very low (<20%) sodium （Manlikang) for six weeks, and will be followed up at 1, 2, 4 and 6 weeks to assess the 24-hour urine sodium.
- the change of systolic pressure [ Time Frame: baseline and 6 weeks ]the change of systolic pressure before and after taking Manlikang
- the change in 24-hour urine sodium [ Time Frame: baseline and 6 weeks ]the change of 24-hour urine sodium before and after taking Manlikang
- incidence of reducing antihypertensive drug dose [ Time Frame: up to 6 weeks ]the incidence of reducing antihypertensive drug dose after taking Manlikang in each group.
- incidence of reaching the normal blood pressure [ Time Frame: up to 6 weeks ]blood pressure reaches the standard of systolic pressure<140mmHg and diastolic pressure<90mmHg after taking Manlikang.
- adverse event [ Time Frame: up to 6 weeks ]the adverse events after taking Manlikang
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03226327
|Maoer Shi community|
|Chongqing, China, 400000|