Physical Activity In Gastrointestinal Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03331406|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : November 6, 2017
Last Update Posted : February 1, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Metastatic Gastrointestinal Cancer Physical Activity||Other: Physical Activity Program||Not Applicable|
The physical activity program is 12-weeks in length, and includes moderate-intensity aerobic, strength, flexibility, and balance training.
- The goal of the aerobic training is to complete 150 minutes per week of brisk walking.
- The goals of the strength, flexibility, and balance training are to engage in these activities twice per week.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Supportive Care|
|Official Title:||A Pilot Study of Physical Activity in Older Adults With Metastatic Gastrointestinal Cancer|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||February 1, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 15, 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 15, 2019|
Experimental: 12-week physical activity program
The physical activity program is of moderate intensity and consists of aerobic, strength, flexibility, and balance training with a target duration of 150 minutes per week.
Other: Physical Activity Program
12-weeks in length, and includes moderate-intensity aerobic, strength, flexibility, and balance training.
- Rate of Accrual [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Recruit 20 patients within 12 months
- Number of participants that adhered to physical activity program [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Demonstrate that at least 50% of patients adhered to at least 50% of the prescribed physical activity program.
- Rate of Retention [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Proportion of participants who complete the study
- Number of participants that complete assessment procedures [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Physical function testing and questionnaire collection
- Number of participants with adverse events [ Time Frame: 12 Weeks ]Falls, hospitalizations, and musculoskeletal injury
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03331406
|Contact: Jeffrey Meyerhardt, MD||617-632-3687||JMEYERHARDT@PARTNERS.ORG|
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Dana-Farber Cancer Institute||Not yet recruiting|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02115|
|Contact: Jeffrey Meyerhardt, MD 877-601-8601|
|Principal Investigator: Jeffrey Meyerhardt, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Jeffrey Meyerhardt, MD||Dana-Farber Cancer Institute|