The Effect of Berry Extract Administration on Cognitive Health
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03236259|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 1, 2017
Last Update Posted : September 14, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cognitive Impairment Overweight and Obesity||Dietary Supplement: Brainport high dose Dietary Supplement: Brainport low dose Dietary Supplement: Placebo||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||102 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Triple (Participant, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||The Effect of Berry Extract Administration on Cognitive Health|
|Actual Study Start Date :||February 21, 2017|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 21, 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 21, 2018|
|Active Comparator: Brainport high dose||
Dietary Supplement: Brainport high dose
berry extract, high dose. Daily ingestion of capsule
|Active Comparator: Brainport low dose||
Dietary Supplement: Brainport low dose
Berry extract, low dose. Daily ingestion of capsule
Placebo Comparator: Placebo
Dietary Supplement: Placebo
Maltodextrin. Daily ingestion of capsule
- Cognition [ Time Frame: 6 months ]test attention with STROOP
- Cognition [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Test concentration with 'cijferdoorstreep test'
- Cognition [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Test psychomotor speed with grooved pegboard
- vascular structure [ Time Frame: 6 months ]measure vascular structure with ultrasound.
- Mood [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Test mood with visual analogue mood scale. 8 emotions are scored on a 1-10 scale.
- Blood pressure [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
- Liver function [ Time Frame: 6 months ]analysis of alkaline phosphatase, alanine aminotransferase, aspartaat aminotransferase, bilirubine, gamma-glutamyltransferase to determine liver function.
- flavo-enzyme [ Time Frame: 6 months ]monoamine oxidase B analysis
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03236259
|Maastricht University Medical Center|