Acute-On-Chronic Liver Failure in Zagazig University Hospitals (ACLF)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03184636|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 12, 2017
Last Update Posted : August 14, 2018
To identify the prevalence of Acute-on-chronic liver failure in Zagazig University Hospitals.
The question of the research:
How much the prevalence of Acute-on-chronic Liver Failure in Zagazig University Hospitals?
The aim of the work:
The aim of the study is to identify the presence of Acute-on-chronic Liver Failure in Zagazig University Hospitals
To estimate the prevalence of Acute-on-chronic Liver Failure in Zagazig University Hospitals.
Subjects and Methods:
I . Technical Design:
- Site of the study: Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit- Zagazig University Hospitals
- Sample size: ''all patients admitted to Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit with the criteria of ACLF according to EASL-AASLD from June 2017 to December 2017 were included in this study''.
II . OPERATIONAL DESIGN:
- Type of the study: a prospective study.
- Full medical history - taking.
- Full clinical examination.
- Laboratory investigations including Routine laboratory investigation " CBC, Liver functions test, kidney functions test and prothrombin time "
III. Administrative Design:
- Approvals obtained for performing the study from the official or governmental department.
- An ethical committee from the faculty of medicine and patients included in the study.
Collected data will be presented in tables and suitable graphs and analyzed according to standard statistical methods
|Condition or disease|
|Acute-On-Chronic Liver Failure|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Official Title:||ACLF in Zagazig University Hospitals|
|Actual Study Start Date :||July 1, 2017|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 11, 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 11, 2018|
- improvement of the patients score according to SOFA score (AASLD and EASL guidelines) [ Time Frame: 24 weeks from first recruiting ]follow up of participants until the patients recover
- death of the patient [ Time Frame: 24 weeks from first recruiting ]due to the severity of acute on chronic failure, the death of patients is expected
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03184636
|Zagazig, Sharqia, Egypt, 44519|