Predictors of Neuro-cognitive Decline and Survival in HIV-infected Subjects
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00864292|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 18, 2009
Last Update Posted : May 3, 2011
Patients will be followed every 6 months for a total of 5 visits (Month 0, 6, 12, 18 and 24). The first visit is the screening and entry visit which can occur at any time after the subject finishes SEARCH 001 study but preferably it should occur approximately 6 months after SEARCH 001 study completion.
At each visit, patients will undergo the following
- Assessment of function including activity of daily living questionnaire
- History of medical illnesses, medication history
- Neurological examination: All patients will have a neurological evaluation and neuropsychological evaluation to characterize neurocognitive and neurological status. (It is possible that patients within the non-dementia group will meet criteria for dementia after close testing is completed).
- Neuropsychological assessment:
- Thai Depression Inventory.
- HIV viral load and storage of blood for proviral DNA level
Final outcome assessment based on all available data. If possible, it is intended that these diagnoses will be determined through monthly VTC conference calls with UH investigators. This consensus conference will include the Thai investigators, the UH neurologist, the UH neuropsychologist and the UH principal investigators.
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Study Start Date :||August 2007|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||April 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 2011|
HIV-infected, no dementia
Patients with HIV-infection but no dementia
Patients with HIV-infection and dementia
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00864292
|South East Asia Research Collaboration with Hawaii|
|Bangkok, Thailand, 10330|
|Principal Investigator:||Jintanat Ananworanich, PhD||South East Asia Research Collaboration with Hawaii|