RELIEF: Randomized Episodic Versus Long-Term Suppression Experience With Famciclovir
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00219310|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 22, 2005
Last Update Posted : April 27, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Recurrent Genital Herpes (RGH)||Drug: Famciclovir||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Study to Determine the Safety and Efficacy of Famciclovir in the Episodic and Suppressive Treatment of Recurrent Genital Herpes (RGH). The Study Will Also Evaluate Quality of Life and Patient Satisfaction|
|Study Start Date :||June 2003|
|Primary Completion Date :||June 2005|
|Study Completion Date :||June 2005|
- Time (days from randomizations) to first recurrence of symptoms of recurrent genital herpes confirmed by PCR.
- Change in total score of the Recurrent Genital Herpes Quality of Life.
- Safety assessed by adverse events.
- Time to first recurrence of genital herpes.
- Number of genital herpes recurrences confirmed by PCR.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00219310
|United States, New Jersey|
|East Hanover, New Jersey, United States|
|Study Chair:||Novartis Pharmaceuticals||Novartis Pharmaceuticals|