You may be eligible for this study if you:
- Are HIV-positive.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Have a viral load of at least 5,000 copies/ml and a CD4 count of at least 100 cells/mm3.
You will not be eligible for this study if you:
- Have received more than 4 weeks of treatment with nucleoside anti-HIV medications (NRTIs), or more than 1 week with protease inhibitors. (All anti-HIV treatments other than study medications must be stopped at least 14 days prior to study entry.)
- Have severe diarrhea.
- Are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Have a history of pancreatic disease or any other serious condition.
- Have hepatitis within 30 days prior to study entry.
- Cannot take medications by mouth.
- Have received certain medications.