ITGA4 Gene Methylation Status in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT05371392|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : May 12, 2022
Last Update Posted : May 12, 2022
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is a clonal lymphoproliferative disorder that is characterized by heterogeneous presentation at the clinical and molecular levels. ITGA4 protein has been found to be deregulated in CLL with adverse clinical outcome. ITGA4 gene (CD49d) encodes a member of the integrin alpha chain family of proteins and is considered a negative prognosticator in CLL with aggressive course and short time to treatment.
The aim of the study:
is to investigate ITGA4 gene expression pattern and to explore its methylation heterogeneity in CLL.
|Condition or disease|
|Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||80 participants|
|Official Title:||ITGA4 Gene Methylation Status in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||July 1, 2022|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||August 1, 2023|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||October 1, 2023|
- ITGA4 gene expression pattern and its methylation heterogeneity in chronic lymphocytic leukemia [ Time Frame: 1 year following the startpoint of the study ]Detection of ITGA4 gene expression and ITGA4 gene methylation in blood samples in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Briefly, total RNA and genomic DNA extraction from fresh peripheral blood samples by Real-time -RT-polymerase chain reaction system (RT-PCR) will be carried out. Rate of ITGA4 gene expression and its methylation will be recorded.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||Child, Adult, Older Adult|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||Yes|
|Sampling Method:||Probability Sample|
- Patients with newly diagnosed CLL.
▪ Patients previously diagnosed as CLL and received treatment before.
- Patients with other solid tumors.
|Responsible Party:||Amer Ahmed Youssef Abdalkareem, Specialist of clinical and chemical pathology, Sohag University|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||May 12, 2022 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||May 12, 2022|
|Last Verified:||May 2022|
|Individual Participant Data (IPD) Sharing Statement:|
|Plan to Share IPD:||Undecided|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
Leukemia, Lymphocytic, Chronic, B-Cell
Neoplasms by Histologic Type
Immune System Diseases