Evaluation of Physical and Functional Status in Patients With COVID-19 in Long Term
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04836767|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 8, 2021
Last Update Posted : August 9, 2022
|Condition or disease|
|Corona Virus Infection Covid19|
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Actual Enrollment :||40 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||12 Weeks|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of Exercise Capacity, Peripheral Muscle Strength, Balance, Cognitive Status and Quality of Life in Patients With COVID-19 in Long Term|
|Actual Study Start Date :||February 16, 2021|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 3, 2022|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 3, 2022|
people with a history of COVID-19
COVID-19 Group Inclusion Criteria
COVID-19 Group Exclusion Criteria
Healthy Group Inclusion Criteria
- Incremental shuttle walking test [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]It assesses maximal exercise capacity.
- Time up and Go Test [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]Functional balance and walking capacity
- Short form McGill-Melzack Pain Questionnaire [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]
The pain rating index has 2 subscales:
Sensory subscale with 11 words, and Affective subscale with 4 words. These words or items are rated on an intensity scale as 0 = none, 1 = mild, 2 = moderate and 3 = severe. There's also one item for present pain intensity and one item for a 10 cm visual analogue scale (VAS) for average pain.
The higher the total score on the MPQ, the more the pain experience for the patient increases
- Tampa Kinesophobia Questionnaire [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]Assessment of fear of movement. Scores range from 17-68. Higher scores indicate higher level of kinesiophobia
- Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]Assessment of anxiety and depression. Scores range from 0 to 21 for each of the two subscales. Higher scores indicate higher level of anxiety and depression
- SF-36 Quality of Life Scale [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]Assessment of life quality. The scores of each domain ranges from zero to 100 which higher scores indicating higher levels of functioning or well-being
- Fatigue Severity Scale [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]Assessment of fatigue perception. Scores range from 0-7. Scores higher than 4 indicate severe fatigue perception.
- Cognitive Status Scale [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]Assessment of cognitive status. Score ranges from 0-100. Higher scores indicate increased tendency to cognitive failure.
- Body Mass Index [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]Body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to adult men and women.
- Body composition analysis with bioelectrical impedance analysis system [ Time Frame: January,2021 - December,2021 ]FM and FFM ratio
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04836767
|Study Director:||Gülay Sain-Guven, Professor||Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine|