ARX788 in HER2-positive, Metastatic Breast Cancer Subjects (ACE-Breast-03)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04829604|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 2, 2021
Last Update Posted : May 6, 2023
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|HER2 Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer||Drug: ARX788||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||71 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||One single arm, open label with intravenous infusion of ARX788|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Global, Phase 2 Study of ARX788 in HER2-positive Metastatic Breast Cancer Patients Who Were Previously Treated With T-DXd|
|Actual Study Start Date :||October 26, 2021|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||June 2025|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2026|
The investigational medicinal product (IMP), ARX788, will be administered every 3 weeks (Q3W) by intravenous (IV) infusion.
The active pharmaceutical ingredient in ARX788 is an antibody drug conjugate (ADC) consisting of a humanized anti-HER2 monoclonal antibody (mAb) (IgG1κ) covalently conjugated to two microtubule-disrupting payloads AS269
Other Name: antibody drug conjugate (ADC)
- Objective response rate (ORR) [ Time Frame: 2 Years ]
To evaluate the confirmed objective response rate (ORR) as determined by Investigator assessment based on Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors Version 1.1 (RECIST 1.1) following treatment with ARX788.
The ORR is defined as the number of subjects with a BOR of CR or PR divided by the number of response evaluable subjects.
- Duration of response (DOR) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]DOR is defined as the time between the date of first response and the date of disease progression or death, whichever occurs first, will be computed for subjects with a BOR of CR or PR.
- Best overall response (BOR) [ Time Frame: 2 year ]BOR is defined as the best response recorded from the start of the treatment until disease progression/recurrence (taking as reference for progressive disease the smallest measurements recorded since the treatment started)
- Disease control rate (DCR) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]DCR is defined as the proportion of complete response (CR), partial response (PR), and stable disease (SD) rates.
- Overall survival (OS) [ Time Frame: 2 year ]Overall survival (OS) is defined as the time from first dose of study therapy to the date of death (any cause). Subjects who are alive will be censored at the last known time that the subject was alive.
- Progression-free survival (PFS) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]PFS is defined as the time between date of first dose of study therapy and date of progression or death, whichever occurs first, will be computed for response evaluable subjects. Subjects will be censored at time of subsequent therapy
- The number of subjects experiencing adverse event TEAEs [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Patient safety and adverse events (AEs) will be evaluated using the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) v.5.0. All AEs and serious adverse events (SAEs) will be assessed to determine the safety and tolerability of the treatment.
- Maximum serum concentration (Cmax) for ARX788 [ Time Frame: Cycle 1 and cycle 3 ]Pharmacokinetic parameter maximum serum concentration (Cmax) for ARX788, ADC, total antibody, and pAF-AS269
- Trough concentration (Ctrough) for ARX788 [ Time Frame: Cycle 1 and cycle 3 ]Pharmacokinetic parameter trough concentration (Ctrough) for ARX788, ADC, total antibody, and pAF-AS269
- Area under the serum concentration-time curve (AUC) for ARX788 [ Time Frame: Cycle 1 and cycle 3 ]Pharmacokinetic parameter area under the serum concentration-time curve (AUC) for ARX788, ADC, total antibody, and pAF-AS269
- Evaluate Biomarker [ Time Frame: 2 years ]To evaluate exploratory blood- and tissue-based biomarkers related to study drug response
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Age ≥ 18 years and older
- Life expectancy ≥ 6 months
- Unresectable or metastatic breast cancer subjects
- Presence of at least one measurable lesion per RECIST v 1.1
- Subjects must have an adequate tumor sample available for confirmation of HER2 status
- Subjects must have had prior treatment with 1, 2, or 3 prior regimens of systemic treatment in the metastatic setting. One of these prior treatments must have been treatment with T-DXd.
- Subjects with stable brain metastases
- Acute toxicities from any prior therapy, surgery, or radiotherapy must have resolved to Grade ≤1 as per the NCI-CTCAE v 5.0, except alopecia
- Adequate organ functions
- Willing and able to understand and sign an informed consent inform and to comply with all aspects of the protocol
Key Exclusion Criteria:
Any subject who meets any of the following criteria is excluded from the study:
- History of allergic reactions to any component of ARX788.
- Prior history of interstitial lung disease, pneumonitis, or other clinically significant lung disease
- Any active ocular infections or chronic corneal disorders
- History of congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, unstable atrial fibrillation, or cardiac arrhythmia within 12 months prior to enrollment
- Grade 3 to 4 peripheral neuropathy (NCI CTCAE v 5.0). Patients with Grade 2 neuropathy can be enrolled at investigator's discretion
- History of unstable central nervous system (CNS) metastases
- Current severe, uncontrolled systemic disease (eg, clinically significant cardiovascular, pulmonary, or metabolic diseases)
- Any uncontrollable intercurrent illness, infection (including subjects with active, symptomatic Covid-19 infections), or other conditions that could limit study compliance or interfere with assessments
- Exposure to any other investigational or commercial anticancer agents or therapies administered with the intention to treat malignancy within 14 days before the first dose of ARX788
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04829604
|Contact: Trial Inquiry||(858) email@example.com|
|Study Director:||Ambrx||Ambrx, Inc.|
|Responsible Party:||Ambrx, Inc.|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||April 2, 2021 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||May 6, 2023|
|Last Verified:||May 2023|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||Yes|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
Neoplasms by Site
Physiological Effects of Drugs