Perceptions, Experiences, and Activity in CancEr Survivors During COVID-19 (PEACE)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04637295|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : November 19, 2020
Last Update Posted : January 29, 2021
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Official Title:||Perceptions, Experiences, and Activity in CancEr Survivors During COVID-19|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 27, 2021|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||June 30, 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 30, 2021|
- Physical Activity [ Time Frame: 14 days ]Godin Leisure-Time Exercise Questionnaire
- Psychosocial Function during COVID-19 [ Time Frame: 14 days ]COVID-19 Pandemic Psychosocial Functioning Measure
- Self-Efficacy [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Exercise Self-efficacy Scale will be used to measure confidence in ability to exercise. A higher score indicated a higher confidence.
- Sleep Quality [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index will be used to measure sleep quality and disturbances. A higher score indicates a higher sleep disturbance.
- Fatigue [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Functional Assessment in Chronic Illness Therapy - Fatigue (FACIT-F) will be used to measure fatigue as well. Higher scores indicate less fatigue.
- Anxiety [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) will be used to produce an anxiety score. Higher scores indicate higher symptoms of anxiety.
- Depression [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) will be used to produce an anxiety score. Higher scores indicate higher symptoms of depression.
- Loneliness [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The UCLA Loneliness Scale will be used to measure feelings of loneliness and isolation. Higher scores indicate higher degrees of loneliness.
- Global Self-Esteem [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale (RSE) will be used to measure global self-esteem. Items are used to calculate an esteem score, higher scores are indicative of higher esteem.
- Subjective Cognitive Impairment [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Functional Assessment in Cancer Therapy- Cognition (FACT-Cog) measures levels of cognitive impairment, quality of life and perceived cognitive ability. Items are summed up to calculate scores from each subsection.
- Social Support [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Social Support of Exercise scale is aimed to assess the degree in which family and friends demonstrate support for exercise behavior. Higher scores indicate a higher level of support.
- Satisfaction of Life [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Satisfaction of Life Scale (SWLS) is developed to assess global satisfaction is various age groups.
- Stress [ Time Frame: 14 days ]The Perceived Stress Scale is a 10-item scale developed to measure the perceptions of a person's stress.
- Perceptions of Exercise [ Time Frame: up to one month after enrollment ]A qualitative interview will be performed to measure the perceptions and barriers of exercise during the COVID-19 pandemic. This interview is comprised of items designed by the research team.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04637295
|Contact: Nicholas J Foggia, MSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Lindsey Page, MSemail@example.com|
|United States, Nebraska|
|University of Nebraska Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Omaha, Nebraska, United States, 68198-8440|
|Contact: Nicholas Foggia firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Diane K Ehlers, PhD||University of Nebraska|