Physical Activity Level in Patients With OSAS During Covid-19 Pandemic
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04451993|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : June 30, 2020
Last Update Posted : July 1, 2020
|Condition or disease|
|Obstructive Sleep Apnea-hypopnea Syndrome|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of Physical Activity Level and Sleep Quality in Patients With Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome During Covid-19 Pandemic|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 25, 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 1, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 31, 2020|
mild, moderate and severe OSAS patients
healthy individuals without chronic disease
- Physical Activity [ Time Frame: 1 day ]
International Physical Activity Questionnaire/ In activity-specific scoring, walking under the heading of the fields is calculated by the sum of the moderate intensity activity and intensive activity in itself.
From these calculations, a score is obtained in MET-minutes. There are 3 categories of physical activity level classification. Physical activity levels are classified as physically inactive (inactive), low level of physical activity (minimally active) and sufficient level of physical activity (very active)
- Sleep Quality [ Time Frame: 1 day ]The Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index
- Daytime Sleepiness [ Time Frame: 1 day ]In order to measure the general sleepiness of people during the day, it was evaluated with a standard questionnaire, which is defined as Epworth sleepiness scale (EUS) and consists of 8 questions. The answers for each question are scored between 0 and 3 and the total score is obtained. The score obtained above 10 in EUS has high sensitivity and specificity for daytime sleepiness.
- Fear of movement [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Tampa Kinesiophobia Scale (TKS)The person gets a total score between 17-68. The high score on the scale indicates that kinesiophobia is also high
- Health literacy [ Time Frame: 1 day ]
Translated into Turkish TURKEY health literacy SCALE-32 (Tsoy-32) will be used. It was used to evaluate the literacy rates of individuals over the age of 15.
0 indicates the lowest health literacy and 50 indicates the highest health literacy.
- Circadian rhythm evaluation [ Time Frame: 1 day ]In the human circadian rhythm, the Morning Morning-Evening Survey (SAA) form was used, which determined morning and evening types.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04451993
|Contact: Nurel Erturk, MsCemail@example.com|
|Contact: Ebru Calik Kutukcu, PhD||0544 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Trabzon Ahi Evren Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Training and Research Hospital||Recruiting|
|Contact: Nurel Erturk, MsC +905056637544 email@example.com|
|Sub-Investigator: Adem Celik, MD|
|Principal Investigator: Ebru Calik-Kutukcu, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Naciye Vardar-Yagli, PhD|
|Study Director:||Naciye Vardar-Yagli, PhD||Hacettepe University|
|Study Chair:||Adem Celik, MD||Ahi Evren Chest, Heart and Vascular Surgery Training and Research Hospital|