Clinical Application of Methylene Blue for Treatment of Covid-19 Patients (Covid-19)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04370288|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 30, 2020
Last Update Posted : May 4, 2020
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Covid-19||Drug: MCN (Methylene blue, vitamin C, N-acetyl cysteine)||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||The Clinical Trial of Application of Methylene Blue Vial for Treatment of Covid-19 Patients|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 19, 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 20, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 21, 2020|
No Intervention: Control group
Covid-19 patients treated with standard medical therapy (supportive therapy).
Experimental: Intervention group
Covid-19 patients treated with mixture of MCN (Methylene blue, vitamin C, N-acetyl cysteine).
Drug: MCN (Methylene blue, vitamin C, N-acetyl cysteine)
A mixture of MCN will be injected to covid-19 patients.
Other Name: Leucomethylene Blue
- Proportion of patients remaining free of need for mechanical ventilation in both groups [ Time Frame: Day 7 ]All patient will be assess for changes in disease severity.
- Mortality rate in both groups [ Time Frame: Day 28 ]
- Improvement in Pa02/Fi02 ratio in both groups [ Time Frame: Day 2 ]
- Duration of hospital stay in both group. [ Time Frame: Day 28 ]
- Duration of Intensive Care Unit stay in both groups [ Time Frame: Day 28 ]
- Days free of dialysis in both groups [ Time Frame: Day 28 ]
- C-reactive proteins [ Time Frame: 3-5 Days ]
- WBC Count [ Time Frame: 3-5 Days ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04370288
|Contact: Daryoush Hamidi Alamdari, Ph.D||+98 51 3882 email@example.com|
|Contact: Amir Yarahmadi, Ph.D||+98 51 3882 8574||yarahmadiA961@mums.ac.ir|
|Iran, Islamic Republic of|
|Imam Reza Hospital||Recruiting|
|Mashhad, Razavi Khorasan, Iran, Islamic Republic of, 9137913316|
|Contact: Ahmad Bagheri Moghaddam, M.D 05138412081 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Daryoush Hamidi Alamdari, Ph.D||Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran|