Study of Evobrutinib in Participants With RMS (evolutionRMS 1)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04338022|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : April 8, 2020
Last Update Posted : January 11, 2022
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis||Drug: Evobrutinib Drug: Placebo (match to Teriflunomide) Drug: Teriflunomide Drug: Placebo (match to Evobrutinib)||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||930 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Quadruple (Participant, Care Provider, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||A Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized, Parallel Group, Double Blind, Double Dummy, Active Controlled Study of Evobrutinib Compared With Teriflunomide, in Participants With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety (evolutionRMS 1)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 12, 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 4, 2023|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 26, 2026|
|Experimental: Evobrutinib + Teriflunomide matched Placebo: DB Period||
Evobrutinib twice daily (BID) in double-blind (DB) treatment period.
Other Name: M2951
Drug: Placebo (match to Teriflunomide)
Placebo match to Teriflunomide once daily in double-blind treatment period.
|Active Comparator: Teriflunomide + Evobrutinib matched Placebo: DB Period||
Teriflunomide once daily in double-blind treatment period.
Drug: Placebo (match to Evobrutinib)
Placebo match to Evobrutinib BID in double-blind treatment period.
|Experimental: Evobrutinib: Open-Label Extension Period||
Evobrutinib BID in Open-Label Extension Period.
Other Name: M2951
- Annualized Relapse Rate (ARR) [ Time Frame: At Week 96 ]The annualized relapse rates over 96 weeks will be calculated based on qualified relapses. Qualifying relapse is defined as occurrence of new or worsening neurological symptoms attributable to Multiple Sclerosis (MS) (for more than 24 hours, no fever, infection, injury, adverse events, and preceded by a stable or improving neurological state for greater than or equal to (=>) 30 days).
- Time to First Occurrence of 12-Week Confirmed Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) Progression [ Time Frame: Baseline up to 96 weeks ]
- Time to First Occurrence of 24-Week Confirmed Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) Progression [ Time Frame: Baseline up to 96 weeks ]
- Change from Baseline in Patient Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) MS Physical Function (PF) Short Form Score [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 96 ]
- Change from Baseline in Patient Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) MS Fatigue Short Form Score [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 96 ]
- Total Number of Gadolinium-Enhancing (Gd+) T1 Lesions Assessed by Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans [ Time Frame: At Weeks 24, 48, and 96 ]
- Total Number of New or Enlarging T2 Lesions Assessed by Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans [ Time Frame: At Weeks 24, 48, and 96 ]
- Number of Participants With Adverse Events (AEs) and Adverse Events of Special Interest (AESIs) [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 108 ]An AE is any untoward medical occurrence in a participant administered a pharmaceutical product, regardless of causal relationship with this treatment.
- Number of Participants With Clinically Significant Change From Baseline in Vital Signs, Laboratory Parameters and Electrocardiogram Findings [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 108 ]Number of participants with clinically significant change from baseline in vital signs, laboratory parameters and electrocardiogram findings will be reported.
- Absolute Concentrations of Immunoglobulin (Ig) Levels [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 108 ]
- Change From Baseline in Immunoglobulin (Ig) Levels [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 108 ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04338022
|Study Director:||Medical Responsible||Merck Healthcare KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, an affiliate of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany|