Influence of Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation on Androgens and Global Hair Assessments
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04298840|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : March 6, 2020
Last Update Posted : March 6, 2020
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Dihydrotestosterone Testosterone Hair Loss||Dietary Supplement: Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation Dietary Supplement: Placebo Supplementation||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||Participants will be randomized to receive creatine monohydrate or placebo for daily consumption during the study period.|
|Masking:||Triple (Participant, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Influence of Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation on Androgens and Global Hair Assessments|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||April 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||February 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||February 2021|
|Experimental: Creatine Monohydrate||
Dietary Supplement: Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation
Participants in the creatine monohydrate supplementation arm will consume 5 grams per day of creatine monohydrate.
|Placebo Comparator: Placebo||
Dietary Supplement: Placebo Supplementation
Participants in the placebo supplementation arm will consume 5 grams per day of maltodextrin placebo.
- Dihydrotestosterone [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Blood concentration of dihydrotestosterone.
- Dihydrotestosterone-to-Testosterone Ratio 1 [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Ratio of dihydrotestosterone to total testosterone in the blood.
- Dihydrotestosterone-to-Testosterone Ratio 2 [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Ratio of dihydrotestosterone to free testosterone in the blood.
- Total Testosterone [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Total testosterone in the blood.
- Free Testosterone [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Free testosterone in the blood.
- Global Hair Assessments [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Subjectively scored assessment of changes in hair properties from baseline to the end of the intervention. Assessor will be a blinded expert.
- Self-Reported Hair Assessments [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Survey allowing for participant-reported changes in hair properties as a result of the intervention.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04298840
|Contact: Grant M Tinsley, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States, Texas|
|Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management|
|Lubbock, Texas, United States, 79409|
|Principal Investigator:||Grant M Tinsley, PhD||Texas Tech University|