A Phase 3 Open Label Extension Study of Fostamatinib Disodium in the Treatment of Warm Antibody Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04138927|
Recruitment Status : Enrolling by invitation
First Posted : October 25, 2019
Last Update Posted : July 23, 2021
The primary objective of this study is:
• To evaluate the long-term safety of fostamatinib
The secondary objectives are:
- To compare the proportion of subjects with wAIHA who achieve a durable hemoglobin response
- To estimate the durability of response in subjects receiving fostamatinib for wAIHA To assess steroid use in subjects with wAIHA treated with fostamatinib.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Warm Antibody Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia||Drug: Fostamatinib disodium||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||90 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 3 Open Label Extension Study of Fostamatinib Disodium in the Treatment of Warm Antibody Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia|
|Actual Study Start Date :||October 30, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||February 2024|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||February 2024|
Subjects who at any time during the C-935788-057 study achieved a hemoglobin response will continue at their dose and regimen from the Week 22 visit in the C-935788-057 study.
All other subjects who enter the extension study will initially receive fostamatinib 100 mg PO bid. Starting at Week 4, the initial fostamatinib dose of 100 mg PO bid will be increased to fostamatinib 150 mg PO bid if subjects have adequately tolerated the study drug, based on the Investigator's judgment.
Drug: Fostamatinib disodium
Fostamatinib is supplied in two (2) dosage strengths: 100 mg and 150 mg.
- Adverse Events [ Time Frame: 104 weeks ]Incidence, frequency, seriousness, and severity of adverse events that occurred during the current study
- Blood Pressure [ Time Frame: 104 weeks ]Change from baseline in blood pressure over time
- Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) [ Time Frame: 104 weeks ]Change from baseline in absolute neutrophil count (ANC) over time
- Achievement of Durable Hemoglobin Response [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]
- Total Duration of Response [ Time Frame: During the Intervention period up to 104 weeks ]
- Corticosteroid dose [ Time Frame: During the Intervention period up to 104 weeks ]Net cumulative change from Baseline in corticosteroid dose
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04138927