Woebot for Substance Use Disorders
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04096001|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 19, 2019
Last Update Posted : September 7, 2020
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Substance Use Disorders||Device: Woebot-SUDs (W-SUDs)||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||108 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||RCT of Woebot for Substance Use Disorders Phase 1|
|Actual Study Start Date :||March 26, 2020|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 31, 2020|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 31, 2020|
- Device: Woebot-SUDs (W-SUDs)
Woebot-SUDs (W-SUDS), an artificially intelligence-powered conversational agent on a smartphone app, eliminates most current SUDs treatment barriers while simultaneously leveraging technology to enhance user experience and engagement. W-SUDs expands and refines existing SUDs treatments by adapting skills from cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and dialectical behavior therapy.
- The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test-Consumption (AUDIT-C) [ Time Frame: Change from Baseline to Post-treatment at 12 weeks ]The AUDIT-C is a widely used 3-item self-report screen for hazardous or harmful alcohol consumption that is based off of the 10-item original AUDIT.
- The Drug Abuse Screening Test 10 (DAST-10) [ Time Frame: Change from Baseline to Post-treatment at 12 weeks ]The DAST-10 is a brief, 10-item self-report assesses consequences related to drug abuse, excluding alcohol and tobacco.
- The Client Satisfaction Questionnaire (CSQ-8) [ Time Frame: Post-treatment at 12 weeks ]The CSQ-8 is an 8-item self-report scale measuring satisfaction with treatment.
- Usage Rating Profile Intervention Acceptability Subscale (URPI-usability subscale) [ Time Frame: Post-treatment at 12 weeks ]URPI-Acceptability Subscale is 6-item subscale from the URP Intervention Revised (URP-IR) scale. The URPI-Acceptability inquires about intervention acceptability. Responses range from 1= "slightly disagree" to 6="strongly agree". Scores are averages, with greater scores indicating greater intervention acceptability.
- Usage Rating Profile Intervention Feasibility Subscale (URPI-feasibility subscale) [ Time Frame: Post-treatment at 12 weeks ]URPI-Feasibility Subscale is 6-item subscale from the URP Intervention Revised (URP-IR) scale. The URPI-Feasibility inquires about factors that impact treatment usage (i.e., intervention quality). Responses range from 1= "slightly disagree" to 6="strongly agree". Scores are averages, with greater scores indicating greater intervention feasibility.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04096001
|United States, California|
|Woebot Labs Inc|
|San Francisco, California, United States, 94107|