MOMENTUM 3 Pivotal Cohort Extended Follow-up PAS
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03982979|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 12, 2019
Last Update Posted : June 24, 2022
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Advanced Refractory Left Ventricular Heart Failure||Device: HM3 LVAS|
Subjects on LVAD support after the MOMENTUM 3 IDE trial 2-year follow-up visit can be enrolled after providing consent to extended follow-up. They will be followed to 5 years post-implant or outcome (transplant, explant or death), whichever occurs first.
Subjects who have been transplanted, their device exchanged to another pump other than a HM II or HM3, or explanted after the MOMENTUM 3 IDE trial 2-year follow-up but prior to providing consent for this PAS can also be enrolled. Data between the 2-year follow-up visit and the date of pump exchange, explant, or transplant will be retrospectively collected.
Once enrolled, if subjects receive a device exchange to any device other than HM II or HM3, at any time during the study, they will be withdrawn from the study and will not be followed.
In the event that a subject expired prior to providing consent, IRB approval will be obtained to collect the date and cause of death.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||295 participants|
|Official Title:||MOMENTUM 3 Pivotal Cohort Extended Follow-up Post-Approval Study|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 20, 2019|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 8, 2021|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 8, 2021|
- Device: HM3 LVAS
HeartMate® 3 (HM3) Left Ventricular Assist System (LVAS)
- Survival [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]Composite of Survival to transplant, recovery, or LVAD support free of debilitating stroke (Modified Rankin Score > 3) or reoperation to replace the pump
- Subject outcomes and survival [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]Subject outcomes and survival which includes death, transplant, explant, or a pump exchange to any device other than HM II or HM3
- Bleeding (including GI bleeding) [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]Frequency and incidence of bleeding (including GI bleeding)
- Major infection [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]Frequency and incidence of major infection
- Hemolysis [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]Frequency and incidence of hemolysis
- Device thrombosis [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]Frequency and incidence of device thrombosis
- Neurological dysfunction [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]Frequency and incidence of neurological dysfunction
- Device related SAEs [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]Frequency and incidence of device related SAEs
- NYHA [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]New York Heart Association (NYHA) classification
- 6MWD [ Time Frame: up to 5 years post-implant ]Six-minute walk distance (6MWD)
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03982979
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Burlington, Massachusetts, United States, 01803|
|Study Director:||Marie-Elena Brett, PhD||Abbott|