Retrospective Natural History Study of Retinitis Pigmentosa (PHENOROD1)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03975543|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : June 5, 2019
Last Update Posted : August 4, 2021
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease|
|Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)|
This is a retrospective, longitudinal, observational case history study to determine the natural history of rods and cones degeneration in patients diagnosed with RP caused by pathogenic mutations in genes with selective expression in rods: rhodopsin (RHO), phosphodiesterase 6A (PDE6A) or phosphodiesterase 6B (PDE6B).
113 participants will be enrolled in this study at the single center: CHNO-CIC Quinze-Vingt Paris in France.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||113 participants|
|Official Title:||Natural History Study of Retinitis Pigmentosa in Patient Carrying Pathogenic Mutations in RHO, PDE6A or PDE6B.|
|Actual Study Start Date :||October 1, 2018|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 1, 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 30, 2021|
- Visual acuity [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Progression of disease over time as measured by best corrected visual acuity (BCVA) (ETDRS, Snellen) and refraction
- Visual field [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Progression of disease over time as measured by visual fields (kinetic and static)
- Spectral Domain Optical Coherence tomography (SD-OCT) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Progression of disease over time as measured by SD-OCT (EZ length, ELM length, ONL thickness, macular volume).
- Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Progression of disease as measured by FAF (Hyperautofluorescent ring)
- Patients characteristics [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Age, gender, medical and surgical history, family history and concomitant treatments
- Clinical diagnosis [ Time Frame: baseline (At diagnosis) ]Age and description at onset, clinical signs, relevant treatments and an ophthalmological anamnesis
- Genetic diagnosis [ Time Frame: baseline (At diagnosis) ]Mutated gene, identified pathogenic mutation
- Electroretinogram (ERG) [ Time Frame: baseline (At diagnosis) ]Photopic and scotopic full field
- Color vision [ Time Frame: 2 years ]15 Hue Desaturated Lanthony
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||Child, Adult, Older Adult|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
|Sampling Method:||Non-Probability Sample|
- Patients with RP caused by pathogenic mutations in RHO, PDE6A or PDE6B genes.
- Patients with a pathogenic mutation in any other gene known to be involved in RP.
- Patients with any ocular disorder other than RP, likely to impact the retinal function.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03975543
|CHNO XV-XX Paris - CIC 1423|
|Paris, France, 75012|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||June 5, 2019 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||August 4, 2021|
|Last Verified:||August 2021|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
Inherited Eye Diseases
Inherited Retinal Disorders
Eye Diseases, Hereditary
Genetic Diseases, Inborn