PRGN-3006 Adoptive Cellular Therapy for Relapsed or Refractory AML or Higher Risk MDS
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03927261|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 25, 2019
Last Update Posted : August 3, 2022
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Acute Myeloid Leukemia Myelodysplastic Syndromes||Drug: PRGN-3006 T Cells||Phase 1|
This is a multi-center, nonrandomized, Phase 1/1b safety and tolerability study. The safety and tolerability of PRGN-3006 T cells will be assessed following intravenous administration of escalating doses in patients with relapsed or refractory CD33-positive AML or higher risk MDS.
This study will enroll in two phases: an initial dose escalation phase followed by a dose expansion phase.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||88 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 1/1b Safety Study of PRGN-3006 Adoptive Cellular Therapy in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory CD33-Positive Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Higher Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome|
|Actual Study Start Date :||May 20, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 1, 2023|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 1, 2024|
Experimental: Dose Escalation and Dose Expansion of PRGN-3006
Participants will be treated in dose escalation phase to identify the safety and maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of PRGN-3006.
Drug: PRGN-3006 T Cells
Participants will receive up to 2 intravenous (IV) administrations of PRGN-3006 T Cells with or without lymphodepletion and will be monitored for safety in the clinic for at least 7 days following infusion, and for safety, efficacy, and correlative endpoints for up to 12 months following infusion.
- Number of Participants who Experience Dose Limiting Toxicities (DLTs) [ Time Frame: Up to Day 42 ]Incidence of dose limiting toxicity (DLT) as defined in the protocol
- Number of Participants who Experience Treatment Related Adverse Events (AEs) [ Time Frame: Up to 12 months post treatment ]Systemic toxicity in general and hematologic toxicity in specific will be assessed through the capture of AEs at each study visit and through laboratory assessments throughout the study. The severity of the AEs will be assessed using the Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) v 5.0 scale.
- Disease Progression in AML Participants [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]Proportion of AML patients achieving partial response (PR), complete response (CR), and/or morphologic leukemia free state (MLFS) by ELN Response Criteria in AML. CRh (complete PRGN-3006 T cells in patients with AML/MDS remission with partial hematological recovery) will also be captured, defined as <5% of blasts in the bone marrow, no evidence of disease, and partial recovery of peripheral blood counts
- Disease Response in MDS Patients [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]Proportion of MDS patients achieving a response (CR, PR or Marrow CR) as defined in International Working Group (IWG) 2006 Criteria.
- Rate of Absolute Neutrophil Count Recovery [ Time Frame: Day 28 ]Rate of Absolute Neutrophil count recovery (>0.5 x 10^9/L)
- Absolute Lymphocyte Count (ALC) [ Time Frame: Baseline ]ALC including CD4/CD8 subsets by flow cytometry at baseline (at apheresis) in patients who have successful versus failed PRGN-3006 production.
- Number of PRGN-3006 T Cells [ Time Frame: Up to 12 months post treatment ]Number of PRGN-3006 T Cells present in patients treated with PRGN-3006
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03927261
|Contact: Amy R. Lankford, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States, Florida|
|H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute||Recruiting|
|Tampa, Florida, United States, 33612|
|Contact: Luis Sanchez Molina, RN, RRT ICE-T 813-745-0312 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: David A Sallman, MD|
|Principal Investigator: Nelli Bejanyan, MD|
|United States, Minnesota|
|Rochester, Minnesota, United States, 55905|
|Contact: Cancer Center Clinical Trials Referral Office 855-776-0015|
|Principal Investigator: Hassan Alkhateeb, MD|
|Study Director:||Amy R. Lankford, PhD||Precigen, Inc|