Multidimensional Evaluation Of Daily Living Activities And Quality Of Life In Lung Cancer Patients
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03881046|
Recruitment Status : Enrolling by invitation
First Posted : March 19, 2019
Last Update Posted : March 19, 2019
|Condition or disease|
Lung cancer is the abnormal proliferation of cells in the lung tissue and a mass in the lung. The primary symptoms of this health problem include cough, dyspnea, chest pain, hemoptysis and sputum. In addition to these symptoms, muscle strength, respiratory function and effort level are decreased.
Inadequate daily living activities in cancer patients are expressed.But studies evaluating the activities of daily living in patients with lung cancer are inadequate and patients are evaluated only using scales. For the measurement of functional status in daily living activities, these scales provide important information about the detection of symptoms and the progression of the disease. However, it is very difficult to determine the limitation of perceived difficulty in daily living activities with these scales. In addition, since these scales are a method of measurement, the objectivity is open to discussion. It is thought that a performance-based protocol will facilitate the detection of limitations and provide more objective findings. We think that the Londrina protocol fully reflects the activities of daily living and thus will give us an objective measurement.
This study will show us the problem and its cause in daily life activities in patients with lung cancer.
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Estimated Enrollment :||44 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||1 Day|
|Official Title:||Multidimensional Evaluation Of Daily Living Activities And Quality Of Life In Lung Cancer|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 1, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||June 17, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 17, 2020|
|healthy control group|
- Activities Of Daily Living [ Time Frame: 1st day ]Daily Living Activities will be evaluated using the Londrina Protocol.The protocol consists of 5 stations. Stations are including organizing books on the table, 18 meters walking by carrying 10% of body weight symmetrically, arranging books by putting them on shelves, hanging the laundry in the laundry basket and walking 18 meters. İndividual will do these activities at his own pace and the time will be recorded at the end.
- Life Quality [ Time Frame: 1st Day ]Quality of life will be measured using Core Quality of Life Questionnaire (EORTC QLQ-C30) The questionnaire consists of 30 questions and provides information on quality of life and symptoms.
- Peripheral Muscle Strength [ Time Frame: 1st Day ]Muscle strength will be evaluated by force measuring dynamometer device 3 times. M.Quadriceps Femoris, shoulder abduction, shoulder flexion, elbow flexion, elbow extension and hand grip strength of all cases will be measured.
- Dyspnoea [ Time Frame: 1st Day ]Dyspnoea will be evaluated using the Medical Research Council Dyspnoea Scale. The Medical Research Council Dyspnoea Scale has a score of 0-4. İn this scoring system 0 indicates that there is no dyspnoea, whereas 4 indicates that the dyspnoea is too high.
- Respiratory Functions [ Time Frame: 1st Day ]Respiratory functions will be measured by spirometric measurement. This measurement will give us FEV1 FVC FEV1 / FVC values.
- Exercise Capacity [ Time Frame: 1st Day ]6 Minute walk test will be used.In the test, the person will be asked to walk as fast as possible in a 30-meter corridor and the walking distance will be recorded in 6 minutes.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03881046
|Ankara, Turkey, 06105|