Effects of Gut Peptides on Bone Remodeling. KS-4-Diabetes-19
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03867656|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : March 8, 2019
Last Update Posted : March 8, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Other: GLP-2 Other: GIP Other: Placebo||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||12 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Crossover Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||The study is a crossover study with the following interventions: GLP-2, GIP, and placebo.|
|Primary Purpose:||Basic Science|
|Official Title:||Effects of Gut Peptides on Bone Remodeling. KS-4-Diabetes-19|
|Actual Study Start Date :||February 26, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 26, 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 26, 2019|
Glucagon-like peptide 2
Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide
Placebo Comparator: Placebo
- CTX [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min ]Bone resorption measured as collagen type 1 C-terminal telopeptide (CTX) in serum.
- P1NP [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min ]Bone formation measured as procollagen type 1 N-terminal propeptide (P1NP) in serum.
- PTH [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]PTH measured in serum
- Sclerostin [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]Bone marker.
- Glucose [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]Measured in serum
- Insulin [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]Measured in serum
- C-peptide [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]Measured in serum
- GIP [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide measured in plasma.
- GLP-2 [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]Glucagon-like peptide 2 measured in plasma.
- Glucagon [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]Glucagon measured in plasma
- Blood pressure [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]Measured before blood sampling
- Heart rate [ Time Frame: -10 min to 240 min. ]Measured before blood sampling
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03867656
|Contact: Kirsa Skov-Jeppesen, Cand.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Mette Rosenkilde|
|Hvidovre University Hospital||Recruiting|
|Hvidovre, Denmark, 2650|
|Contact: Sten Madsbad, MD|
|Contact: Kirsa Skov-Jeppesen|
|Principal Investigator: Kirsa Skov-Jeppesen, Cand.pharm|
|Study Director:||Mette Rosenkilde, MD||University of Copenhagen|