A Study of Venetoclax and AMG 176 in Patients With Relapsed/Refractory Hematologic Malignancies
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03797261|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : January 9, 2019
Last Update Posted : January 9, 2019
This dose-escalation study evaluating the safety, pharmacokinetics and preliminary efficacy of venetoclax in combination with AMG 176 in participants with relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and participants with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)/diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL).
This study will include a dose escalation phase to identify the maximum tolerated dose/recommended phase 2 dose (MTD/RPTD) of venetoclax plus AMG 176 as well as a dose expansion phase to confirm safety, explore efficacy, and confirm the suitability of the preliminary RPTD.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Acute Myeloid Leukemia Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma||Drug: Venetoclax Drug: AMG 176||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||86 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Sequential Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase 1b Study of Venetoclax and AMG 176 in Patients With Relapsed/Refractory Hematologic Malignancies|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||February 13, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||May 30, 2022|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||May 30, 2022|
Experimental: Venetoclax + AMG 176
Venetoclax and AMG 176 will be administered in combination. Different combinations of dose levels for venetoclax and AMG 176 will be explored.
Other Name: ABT-199
Drug: AMG 176
- Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) and/or Recommended Phase 2 Dose (RPTD) for Venetoclax + AMG 176 [ Time Frame: Up to 28 days after first dose of study drug in a dose-escalation phase ]The MTD and/or RPTD of venetoclax and of AMG 176 will be determined during the dose escalation phase of the study.
- Number of Participants With Adverse Events [ Time Frame: From first dose of study drug until 30 days or 5 half-lives after discontinuation of study drug administration will be collected (up to approximately 4 years). ]An adverse event (AE) is defined as any untoward medical occurrence in a patient or clinical investigation subject administered a pharmaceutical product and which does not necessarily have a causal relationship with this treatment.
- Composite Complete Remission Rate (CRc) for Participants with AML [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 2 years from last subject first dose ]CRc rate is defined as CR + CRi (CR with incomplete blood count recovery).
- Objective Response Rate (ORR) for Participants with AML [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 2 years from last subject first dose ]ORR is defined as the percentage of participants with documented partial response (PR) or better (CR + CRi + partial response [PR]) based on International Working Group (IWG) criteria for AML
- ORR for Participants with NHL [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 2 years from last subject first dose ]ORR is defined as the percentage of participants with documented CR + PR based on Lugano criteria for NHL.
- Maximum Plasma Concentration (Cmax) of Venetoclax [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 28 days after first dose of study drug ]Maximum observed plasma concentration (Cmax) of venetoclax.
- Time to Maximum Observed Plasma Concentration (Tmax) of Venetoclax [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 28 days after first dose of study drug ]Time to maximum plasma concentration (Tmax) of Venetoclax.
- AUC of Venetoclax [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 28 days after first dose of study drug ]Area under the plasma concentration-time curve (AUC) of venetoclax.
- Maximum Plasma Concentration (Cmax) of AMG 176 [ Time Frame: Up to approximately 16 days after first dose of study drug ]Maximum observed plasma concentration (Cmax) of AMG 176
- Half-life (t1/2) of AMG 176 [ Time Frame: Approximately 16 days after first dose of study drug ]Terminal phase elimination half-life (t1/2)
- AUC of AMG 176 [ Time Frame: Approximately 16 days after first dose of study drug ]Area Under the Plasma Concentration-time Curve (AUC) of AMG 176
- Clearance (CL) of AMG 176 [ Time Frame: Approximately 16 days after first dose of study drug ]Clearance (CL) is defined the volume of plasma cleared of the drug per unit time.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03797261
|Contact: ABBVIE CALL CENTERemail@example.com|
|United States, California|
|City of Hope /ID# 207393||Not yet recruiting|
|Duarte, California, United States, 91010|
|USC Norris Cancer Center /ID# 207396||Not yet recruiting|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90033|
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Dana-Farber Cancer Institute /ID# 207367||Not yet recruiting|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02215|
|United States, New York|
|NYU Langone Medical Center /ID# 207390||Not yet recruiting|
|New York, New York, United States, 10016-6402|
|United States, Ohio|
|Cleveland Clinic Foundation /ID# 207391||Not yet recruiting|
|Cleveland, Ohio, United States, 44195|
|Study Director:||AbbVie Inc.||AbbVie|