Socially Assistive Robot in Upper-Limb Neurorehabilitation
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03651063|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 29, 2018
Last Update Posted : July 10, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Upper Extremity Paralysis||Other: social robot Other: computer group Other: self-training||Not Applicable|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||30 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||3 groups, each group will have a different intervention program|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Socially Assistive Robot in Upper-Limb Neurorehabilitation: A Long-Term Intervention RCT Using Behavioral Techniques|
|Actual Study Start Date :||May 10, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 31, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||July 31, 2020|
|Experimental: social robot group||
Other: social robot
Reach To Grasp games with a social robot
|Active Comparator: computer group||
Other: computer group
reach to grasp games with a computer screen
|Active Comparator: self-training group||
reach to grasp games with no externa feedback.
- Sensory Motor Recovery of the upper limb [ Time Frame: 20 minutes ]upper limb impairment assessment will be assessed by the Fugl-Meyer Assessment. This is the gold-standard assessment for upper limb motor ability in stroke patients. It comprises of 33 items.
- The amount of use of the upper extremity in everyday life [ Time Frame: 15 minutes ]The Motor Activity Log: a questionnaire consist of items regarding the use of the affected arm in every day tasks
- index of curvature [ Time Frame: 30 minutes ]The ratio between a straight line and the path of the movement the participant did.
- stroke impact scale [ Time Frame: 30 minutes ]questionnaire regarding the effect of stroke on different aspects of life such as motor, cognitive, emotional and communication
- Perceived Competence (Exercising Regularly) questionnaire [ Time Frame: 5 minutes ]4 items scale regarding the motivation of a person to exercise.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03651063
|Contact: Shelly Levy-Tzedek, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Ronit Feingold-Polak, MScemail@example.com|
|Aleh Negev Rehabilitation Center||Recruiting|
|Ofakim, South, Israel|
|Contact: Oren Barzel, MD|
|Study Chair:||Shelly Levy-Tzedek, PhD||Ben-Gurion University of the Negev|