Cardiac Magnetic Resonance in Non Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03638271|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : August 20, 2018
Last Update Posted : August 20, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Non Ischemic Cardiomyopathy||Diagnostic Test: Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging||Not Applicable|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||prospective manner study will include 50 patients of both sex and different age with any type of cardiomyopathy diagnosed clinically or by Doppler echocardiography, will undergo cardiac magnetic resonance.|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Role of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance in Non Ischemic Cardiomyopathy|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||October 1, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||October 1, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||October 1, 2021|
nonischemic cardiomyopathic patient
Patients in different sex and age groups diagnosed with any type of nonischemic cardiomyopathy clinically or with echocardiography will undergo cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.
Diagnostic Test: Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
Patients in different sex and age groups diagnosed with any type of nonischemic cardiomyopathy clinically or with echocardiography will undergo cardiac magnetic resonance imaging and compare their results.
- Cardiac morphological measurements. [ Time Frame: Within two year ]Detection of cardiac wall thickness and ventricular systolic/diastolic diameters. all these measures in millimeters using cardiac magnetic resonance and compare results with echocardiography.
- Cardiac contractility of each part [ Time Frame: Within two year ]Visual assessment of cardiac motility in term of normo- , hypo-, or dys-kinesia using cardiac magnetic resonance and compare results with echocardiography.
- Measurements of severity and prognosis of nonischemic cardiomyopathic patients [ Time Frame: Within two year ]Detection of cardiac muscle replacement and fibrosis by delayed myocardial enhancement using cardiac magnetic resonance, which is indicator of severity and prognosis of disease.
- Assessment of cardiac function. [ Time Frame: Within two years ]Calculation of ejection fraction in percentage.
- Diagnosis and differentiation of different types of non-ischemic cardiomyopathic types. [ Time Frame: Within two years ]Diagnosis and differentiation of different types of non-ischemic cardiomyopathic types according to previous measures.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03638271
|Contact: . Samya Abd El.Aziz, Proffirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Moustafa Hashem, Prof.||email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Reham Sameeh, assistant lecturer||Assiut University|