Anterior Segment Changes by Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) in Phaco- Trabeculectomy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03626675|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 13, 2018
Last Update Posted : October 9, 2018
- Develop a measurement protocol by OCT imaging and characterization of the anterior chamber change in glaucoma patients before and after surgery.
- Show the effect of combined surgery in control of intra ocular pressure.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Angle Closure Glaucoma Glaucoma Cataract Secondary||Procedure: phaco- trabeculectomy||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||40 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Anterior Segment Changes Before and After Uneventful Combined Phaco-Trabeculectomy by Using Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||October 15, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 1, 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||March 1, 2020|
They will be subjected to:
Preoperative A-complete ophthalmic examination will be done for every patient; B- Biometric parameters measured with the AS‑OCT C- Medical fitness for all patients D- Informed consent will be obtained from all patients after through explanation of operation and its potential benefits and risks.
Surgery combined Phaco trabeculectomy
-Follow-up examinations will be performed for every patient at 1day, 1 week, 1 and 3 months postoperatively.
and biometric parameters measured with the AS‑OCT before and after the surgery will be used to collect the data.
-The data will be managed and analysed with confidentiality by scientifically qualified persons
Procedure: phaco- trabeculectomy
combined phaco-trabeculectomy surgery
- Biometric parameters measured with the AS‑OCT (AC depth (ACD)) after surgery. - anterior chamber depth in mm [ Time Frame: one week post operative ]anterior chamber depth in mm Distance from corneal endothelium to anterior surface of the lens
- other biometric parameters measured with the AS‑OCT, [ Time Frame: 1,3,6, month postoperative ]
Iris thickness μT Iris curvature μC AC width μC Angle opening distance μO Angle recess area μR Trabecular iris angle Degrees Lens vault μV
- intra ocular pressure [ Time Frame: 1,3,6, month postoperative ]intra ocular pressure in mm hg
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03626675
|Contact: Ehab I Wasfy, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Mahmoud F Rateb, Lecturer||01008348480||Rateb.email@example.com|
|Contact: shymaa K H 01069541100 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Omar M Ali, proffeser|
|Study Director:||Omar M Ali, MD,professor||Assiut University|