Rheumatoid Arthritis Response to Methotrexate
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03535519|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : May 24, 2018
Last Update Posted : August 7, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Rheumatoid Arthritis||Drug: Methotrexate|
- Rheumatoid arthritis patients with active disease who start subcutaneous methotrexate by their rheumatologist prescription methotrexate will be included.
- Patients will participate in a prospective and observational study in which the response to methotrexate will be assessed by ultrasound (US) of joints and tendons.
- The main objective of the study is the change in B mode and Doppler mode US after 24 weeks of methotrexate treatment.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Official Title:||Rheumatoid Arthritis Ultrasound Response to Methotrexate|
|Actual Study Start Date :||August 7, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||August 31, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||August 31, 2020|
- Drug: Methotrexate
standard of care treatment with methotrexate
- Ultrasound response [ Time Frame: Basal and at 6 months ]Change in B mode and Doppler mode synovitis and tenosynovitis
- Clinical response [ Time Frame: Basal and 6 months ]Change in disease activity measured by DAS28, CDAI and SDAI
- Functional response [ Time Frame: Basal and 6 months ]Change in functional status measured by HAQ
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03535519
|Contact: Juan Carlos Nieto González, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón||Recruiting|
|Madrid, Spain, 28007|
|Contact: Juan Carlos Nieto González, PhD email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Juan Carlos Nieto González, PhD||Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon|