Chinese PD-LRRK2 Registry
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03523104|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : May 14, 2018
Last Update Posted : May 29, 2018
|Condition or disease|
Parkinson's disease (PD) is the second most common disorder among neurodegenerative diseases. LRRK2 missense mutations are the most common known genetic cause of PD. However, some polymorphisms of LRRK2 such as G2385R and R1628P can also affect the risk of developing PD. The investigators aim to establish a database of PD with LRRK2 variants and characterize the clinical manifestation of these patients in mainland China.
- Peripheral blood from patients has been tested to have LRRK2 gene variants.
- Clinical manifestation will be measured by scales and neurological tests. Standard scales include: Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale(UPDRS), Hoehn-Yahr stages, Non-Motor Symptoms Scale (NMSS), mini-mental state examination (MMSE), Parkinson disease sleep scales (PDSS), Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behaviour Disorder Questionnaire(RBDQ-HK), Epworth Sleepiness Scale (ESS), Rome III functional constipation scale, the Scale for Outcomes in PD for Autonomic Symptoms (SCOPA-AUT), Parkinson Fatigue Scale (PFS), Cambridge-Hopkins Restless Legs Syndrome questionnaire (CHRLSq), Hyposmia rating scale(HRS), Hamilton depression scale, the 39-item Parkinson's Disease Questionnaire(PDQ-39), Freezing of gait scale(FOG), dyskinesia related scales, Wearing-off scale(WO).
- The investigators will also exam the blood biomarkers of PD such as uric acid and peripheral inflammatory markers.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Official Title:||The Chinese Parkinson's Disease With LRRK2 Variants Registry|
|Actual Study Start Date :||February 1, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||February 1, 2027|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||February 1, 2027|
- Database of Parkinson's disease with LRRK2 variants [ Time Frame: 10 years ]Establish the database of Parkinson's disease with LRRK2 variants in mainland China.
- Clinical feature [ Time Frame: 10 years ]Characterize the clinical feature in patients of Parkinson's disease with LRRK2 variants
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03523104
|Contact: Jifeng Guo, Ph.D.||+email@example.com|
|Contact: Beisha Tang, Ph.D.||+firstname.lastname@example.org|