The Relationship Among, Serum Uric Acid, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and Metabolic Syndrome
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03473951|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : March 22, 2018
Last Update Posted : March 13, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Hyperuricemia Healthy||Diagnostic Test: Hyperuricemia|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||18000 participants|
|Official Title:||The Dose-response Effect of Serum Uric Acid on the Prevalence and Electrocardiographic Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in the Apparently Healthy Individuals|
|Actual Study Start Date :||March 26, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2019|
Hyperuricemia is defined as a serum uric acid level of 7 mg/dl or more in men or 6 mg/dl or more in women
Diagnostic Test: Hyperuricemia
Hyperuricemia vs. normouricemia
- The prevalence of metabolic syndrome [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Based on the Taiwan criteria, metabolic syndrome must fulfill at least three of the five following criteria: 1) waist circumference more than 90 cm in men or more than 80 cm in women; 2) blood pressure of more than 130 / 85 mm Hg or already on anti-hypertensive medication; 3) fasting glucose of 100 mg/dl or more or already on anti-diabetic agents; 4) triglyceride level of 150 mg/dl or more or already on lipid lowering therapy for hypertriglyceridemia; 5) high-density lipoprotein cholesterol of 40 mg/dl or less in men or 50 mg/dl or less in women; the investigators also replaced the criterion of waist circumference by body mass index of 27 kg/m2 in the definition of metabolic syndrome.
- Left ventricular hypertrophy - Cornell voltage criteria. [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Left ventricular hypertrophy is defined by Cornell voltage criteria.
- Left ventricular hypertrophy - Cornell voltage product. [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Left ventricular hypertrophy is defined by Cornell voltage product.
- Left ventricular hypertrophy - Sokolow-Lyon criteria. [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Left ventricular hypertrophy is defined by Sokolow-Lyon criteria.
- Left ventricular hypertrophy - Minnesota Code electrocardiographic classification. [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Left ventricular hypertrophy is defined by Minnesota Code electrocardiographic classification.
- Left ventricular hypertrophy - composite of Cornell voltage criteria, Cornell voltage product, Sokolow-Lyon criteria, Minnesota Code electrocardiographic classification. [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Any of above left ventricular hypertrophy criteria is counted as left ventricular hypertrophy.
- brief symptom rating scale-5 [ Time Frame: 1 day ]Brief symptom rating scale-5 consisted of five items with a total score of 0 to 20. Each items range from 0 to 4 in score, including difficult in falling asleep, anxiety (feeling tense or high-strung), hostility (feeling easily annoyed or irritated), interpersonal sensitivity (feeling inferior to others), depression (feeling depressed or in a low mood) in the past week. The summation of brief symptom rating scale-5 is further classified as normal (score of <6), mild mood disorder (score of 6-9), moderate mood disorder (score of 10-14), severe mood disorder (score of >14). Suicidal attempt is an additional item and the score >1 is considered as severe mood disorder.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03473951
|Contact: Liu||+886-2-27642151 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tri-service General Hospital, songshan branch||Recruiting|
|Taipei, Songshan Dist., Taiwan, 105|
|Contact: Liu, MD +886-910682383 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Cheng-Wei Liu, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Wei-Cheng Chang, MD|