Technology-Based Intervention to Promote Heart Health After Cardiac Rehab (Mobile4Heart) (Mobile4Heart)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03446313|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 26, 2018
Last Update Posted : May 10, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Ischemic Heart Disease Unstable Angina Systolic Heart Failure Cardiovascular Diseases||Behavioral: Movn Mobile App||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Supportive Care|
|Official Title:||A Technology-Based Adaptive Intervention to Promote Cardiovascular Health After Completion of Cardiac Rehabilitation (Mobile4Heart)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||February 28, 2018|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||April 5, 2019|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 5, 2019|
Experimental: MVN Group
Participants assigned to the MVN Group will be using the Movn Rehab mobile app after they are discharged from cardiac rehab.
Behavioral: Movn Mobile App
The Movn app will have each participant's personalized instructions for post-cardiac rehab integrated into it including medication reminders, physical activity prompts, educational materials, and patient-reported outcomes.
No Intervention: Usual Care
Participants assigned to the Usual Care group will receive standard instructions and educational handouts after they are discharged from cardiac rehab.
- Physical activity [ Time Frame: Physical activity will be measured over the duration of two months. ]Physical activity will be measured by an activity tracker.
- Physical activity [ Time Frame: Physical activity will be measured over the duration of two months. ]Physical activity will be measured by a six minute walk test.
- Depression [ Time Frame: Depression will be measured at baseline and at month 2. ]Depression will be measured by the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9). Scores can range from 5 to greater than 20 with 5 indicating minimal symptoms and 20 indicating severe major depression.
- Self-efficacy [ Time Frame: Self-efficacy will be measured at baseline and at month 2. ]Self-efficacy will be measured by the Exercise Self-Efficacy Scale (EXSE). Scores can range from 0-100 with 0 indicating no self-efficacy and 100 indicating high self-efficacy.
- Satisfaction with the app [ Time Frame: Satisfaction will be measured at month 2 through individual interviews. ]Satisfaction with the app will be measured by interviewing a subset of participants.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03446313
|United States, California|
|John Muir Medical Center|
|Concord, California, United States, 94520|
|John Muir Medical Center|
|Walnut Creek, California, United States, 94958|
|Principal Investigator:||Linda Park, PhD||UCSF, John Muir Medical Center|