A Study of CPI-613 With Gemcitabine and Nab-paclitaxel for Patients With Advanced or Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03435289|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified February 2018 by Atlantic Health System.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : February 19, 2018
Last Update Posted : February 19, 2018
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- Results Submitted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Pancreatic Cancer Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer||Drug: CPI 613 in Combination With Gemcitabine and Nab-paclitaxel||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||24 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||This is a single arm, open-label study of CPI-613 in combination with gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel for patients with locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase I Study of CPI-613 in Combination With Gemcitabine and Nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane) for Patients With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer|
|Actual Study Start Date :||October 19, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||November 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2019|
CPI-613, Gemcitabine and Nab-paclitaxel
CPI-613 in Combination With Gemcitabine 1000mg/m2 iv and Nab-paclitaxel 125mg/m2 iv
Drug: CPI 613 in Combination With Gemcitabine and Nab-paclitaxel
Day 1,15 CPI-613: IV infusion at a rate of 4 mL/min via a central venous catheter starting at 500 mg/m2 (with concurrent D5W infusing at a rate of 125-150 cc/hr). The CPI dose will be determined based on cohort. Day 2,16 Neulasta as clinically indicated
Nab- paclitaxel 125mg/m2 iv over 30 min followed by Gemcitabine 1000mg/m2 iv over 30 min
- The maximally tolerated dose of CPI 613 combined with Gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel [ Time Frame: Evaluation at monthly intervals through study completion from the date of study entry until the date of progression, up to 1 year ]
- The number of participants with treatment related adverse events as assessed by CTCAE v 4.0 [ Time Frame: Evaluation at 2 week intervals through study completion from the date of study entry until the date of progression, up to 1 year ]
- The number of participants with complete or partial response [ Time Frame: Evaluation at 2 month intervals through study completion from the date of study entry until the date of progression, up to 1 year ]
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Histologically or cytologically documented and measurable stage III or IV pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0-2
- First line treatment for patients diagnosed with metastatic disease
- First line treatment for patients with locally advanced pancreatic cancer who have not been treated with systemic therapies. Prior treatment with chemoradiation is allowed if 4 or more weeks have passed from completion of chemo-radiotherapy.
- Expected survival > 3 months.
- Women of child-bearing potential must use accepted contraceptive methods (abstinence, intrauterine device, oral contraceptive, or double barrier device) during the study, and must have a negative serum or urine pregnancy test within 1 week prior to treatment initiation.
- Fertile men must practice effective contraceptive methods during the study, unless documentation of infertility exists.
Laboratory values ≤2 weeks must be:
A. Adequate hematologic (platelet count ≥ 100,000 cells/mm^3 or ≥ 100 bil/L; absolute neutrophil count [ANC] ≥ 1500 cells/mm3 or ≥1.5 bil/L; and hemoglobin ≥ 9 g/dL or ≥ 90 g/L).
B. Adequate hepatic function (aspartate aminotransferase [AST/SGOT] ≤ 3x upper normal limit [UNL], alanine aminotransferase [ALT/SGPT] ≤ 3x UNL (≤ 5x UNL if liver metastases present), Total bilirubin ≤ 1.5x ULN C. Adequate renal function (serum creatinine ≤ 2.0 mg/dL or 177 μmol/L). D. Adequate coagulation (International Normalized Ratio or INR must be ≤ 1.5), unless the patient receives anticoagulation treatment in which case the INR should be within the therapeutic level, not higher than 3.5 E. Albumin > 2.5 g/dL
- No evidence of active infection and no serious infection within the past month.
Mentally competent, ability to understand and willingness to sign the informed consent form.
- Unwilling or unable to follow protocol requirements. Endocrine or acinar pancreatic carcinoma
- Known cerebral metastases, central nervous system (CNS), or epidural tumor
- Prior treatment with any systemic chemotherapy for metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas or for stage III (locally advanced) adenocarcinoma
- Presence of clinically significant abdominal ascites
- Patients receiving any other standard or investigational treatment for their cancer, or any other investigational agent for any indication within the past 2 weeks prior to initiation of CPI-613 treatment.
- Serious medical illness that would potentially increase patients' risk for toxicity.
- Any active uncontrolled bleeding, and any patients with a bleeding diathesis (e.g., active peptic ulcer disease).
- Pregnant women, or women of child-bearing potential not using reliable means of contraception (because the teratogenic potential of CPI-613 is unknown).
- Lactating females.
- Fertile men unwilling to practice contraceptive methods during the study period.
- Life expectancy less than 3 months.
- Any condition or abnormality which may, in the opinion of the investigator, compromise the safety of patients.
- Unwilling or unable to follow protocol requirements.
- Active heart disease including but not limited to symptomatic congestive heart failure (NYHA class 3 or 4), symptomatic coronary artery disease, symptomatic angina pectoris, or symptomatic myocardial infarction.
- Patients with a history of myocardial infarction that is <3 months prior to registration.
- Evidence of active infection, or serious infection within the past month.
- Patients with known HIV infection.
- Patients who have received cancer immunotherapy of any type within the past 2 weeks prior to initiation of CPI-613 treatment. Steroid use for contrast induced allergy or other supportive care indication is allowed
- Requirement for immediate palliative treatment of any kind including surgery.
- Any other malignancy within last 3 years
- History of interstitial lung disease, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or pulmonary hypersensitivity pneumonitis
Peripheral neuropathy grades 2 or higher
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03435289
|Contact: Nancy Ginder, BSN, OCNemail@example.com|
|Contact: Rosemary Stefiniw, RN, MS, CCRCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States, New Jersey|
|Morristown Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Morristown, New Jersey, United States, 07960|
|Contact: Nancy Ginder, BSN, OCN 973-971-6608 email@example.com|
|Sub-Investigator: Joshua Strauss, MD|
|Principal Investigator: Angela T Alistar, MD|
|Overlook Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Summit, New Jersey, United States, 07901|
|Contact: Christopher Buck, BSN, MS 908-522-2043 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sub-Investigator: Sophie D Morse, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Angela T Alistar, MD||Morristown Medical Center|
|Responsible Party:||Atlantic Health System|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
GA CPI 613
|First Posted:||February 19, 2018 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||February 19, 2018|
|Last Verified:||February 2018|
|Individual Participant Data (IPD) Sharing Statement:|
|Plan to Share IPD:||No|
|Plan Description:||There is no plan to make individual data available to other researchers|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||Yes|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
Digestive System Neoplasms
Neoplasms by Site
Endocrine Gland Neoplasms
Digestive System Diseases
Endocrine System Diseases
Antineoplastic Agents, Phytogenic
Molecular Mechanisms of Pharmacological Action