Reported Time Between Onset and Diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease: Correlation With Objective Parameters
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03408041|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 23, 2018
Last Update Posted : January 23, 2018
The early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease is essential to enable patients to have access to the available treatments. However, there is a delay between the diagnosis and the onset of symptoms, which can range from 1 year to more than 5 years. In clinical practice, the hippocampal volume, measured by the Scheltens index, is currently used as a marker of the progression of the disease.
The purpose of this study is to determine whether the patient's sex, age and ethnicity can influence the delay in the expression of cognitive troubles reported by the family at the first medical consultation, as well as to determine if there is a correlation between the delay reported by the family and the Scheltens index.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Alzheimer Disease||Other: Medical file data extraction|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||129 participants|
|Official Title:||Reported Time Between Onset and Diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease: Correlation With Objective Parameters|
|Actual Study Start Date :||May 1, 2016|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 1, 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 1, 2017|
Alzheimer Disease patients admitted in the 'Memory Clinic' of the CHU Brugmann Hospital between 01-01-2010 and 31-01-2013. Diagnose according to the Dubois criteria
Other: Medical file data extraction
Medical file data extraction
- Age [ Time Frame: Between 01-01-2010 and 31-01-2013 ]Age
- Sex [ Time Frame: Between 01-01-2010 and 31-01-2013 ]Sex
- Ethnic origin [ Time Frame: Between 01-01-2010 and 31-01-2013 ]Ethnic origin
- Symptoms-diagnose time interval [ Time Frame: Between 01-01-2010 and 31-01-2013 ]Interval of time between the apparition of the first symptoms, as reported by the family, and the diagnose.
- Scheltens scale [ Time Frame: Between 01-01-2010 and 31-01-2013 ]Evaluation of the hippocampal atrophy by means of magnetic resonance imaging. Scale from 0 (normal) to 4.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03408041
|Principal Investigator:||Florence Benoit, MD||CHU Brugmann|