FOP Nutrition Label in Campus Cafeteria
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03336151|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : November 8, 2017
Last Update Posted : November 8, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Food Labelling||Behavioral: Front-of-pack labelling Nutri-Score|
The introduction of front-of-package nutrition labelling is thought to help consumers making healthier food choices at the point-of-purchase.
Recently, the French government has selected the Nutri-Score as single front-of-pack nutrition label.
Evaluations of the Nutri-Score suggest it is in helping consumers making healthier choices. However, its impact in vulnerable populations has not yet been tested. Students are thought to be a vulnerable population due to their limited resources and to their unhealthy food choices.
The objective of the present study is to investigate the impact of the introduction of the Nutri-Score in campus cafeterias on the nutritional quality of food purchases. The intervention is conducted during several months, with a control period without front-of-pack nutrition labelling at the beginning of the university year.
Data on purchases is collected regularly through receipts, and the nutritional quality of purchases is evaluated over time between the intervention situation and the control situation.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||After a control period with no specific front-of-pack labeling, the intervention consists in the apposition of a front-of-pack labeling (Nutri-Score) to individual foods in a campus cafeteria. All foods are individually labeled.|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Impact of a Front-of-pack Nutrition Label on the Nutritional Quality of Purchases in Campus Cafeteria|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 1, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||July 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||July 2018|
Experimental: Front-of-pack labelling Nutri-Score
Introduction of the Nutri-Score front-of-pack nutrition label on every food and beverage in the campus cafeteria after a control period without food labelling.
The implementation of the label is accompanied by a communication campaign towards students in the form of posters and leaflets.
Behavioral: Front-of-pack labelling Nutri-Score
Introduction of the Nutri-Score front-of-pack nutrition label on shelf display tags for every food and beverage sold in the cafeteria
- Overall nutritional quality of purchases [ Time Frame: Every 15 days, up to 6 months ]Overall nutritional quality of purchases evaluated using the Food Standard Agency nutrient profiling system
- Energy content of purchases [ Time Frame: Every 15 days, up to 6 months ]Energy content of the purchases (kcal/100g)
- Saturated fat content of purchases [ Time Frame: Every 15 days, up to 6 months ]Saturated fat content of the purchases (g/100g)
- Sugar content of purchases [ Time Frame: Every 15 days, up to 6 months ]Sugar content of the purchases (g/100g)
- Sodium content of purchases [ Time Frame: Every 15 days, up to 6 months ]Sodium content of the purchases (g/100g)
- Fiber content of purchases [ Time Frame: Every 15 days, up to 6 months ]Fiber content of the purchases (g/100g)
- Protein content of purchases [ Time Frame: Every 15 days, up to 6 months ]Protein content of the purchases (g/100g)
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03336151
|Contact: Chantal Julia||01 48 38 89 53 ext +email@example.com|
|CROUS Nice - Toulon||Recruiting|
|Contact: Maëlle Darnaud 4 92 15 50 50 ext +33|