Asthma, Smoking, Emotional Deficits (ASTADEM)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03312673|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : October 18, 2017
Last Update Posted : October 18, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Asthma Emotional Disorder Alexithymia||Other: Interview and tests of drawing.|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||99 participants|
|Official Title:||Asthma, Smoking, Emotional Deficits|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||November 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||November 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2019|
Patients (men and women) asthmatic smokers and non-smokers followed routinely in the pulmonology department, Croix-Rousse Hospital, Hospices Civils of Lyon.
Other: Interview and tests of drawing.
The intervention will take place with patients followed for asthma at the Croix Rousse hospital. Patients agreeing to participate in the study will come to the hospital for one hour and a half. They will answer questionnaires and tests of drawing. Results Restitution Session (optional) is proposed to patients within the next 4 weeks during a routine consultation.
- Poor control of asthma [ Time Frame: During routine visit (one hour and a half) ]The poor asthma control is defined by a score <20 on the ACT test
- Emotional deficit such as alexithymia [ Time Frame: During routine visit (one hour and a half) ]Defined by a score ≥ 44 points/100 on the Toronto scale
- Emotional deficit indicator traces [ Time Frame: During routine visit (one hour and a half) ]Identifying indicator traces of emotional deficits according to the dimensions defining the alexithymia on the test of the tree and the drawing of the person
- Depression [ Time Frame: During routine visit (one hour and a half) ]Defined by a score ≥ 11 points on the HADS scale
- Anxiety [ Time Frame: During routine visit (one hour and a half) ]Defined by a score ≥ 11 points on the HADS scale
- Emotional valences [ Time Frame: During routine visit (one hour and a half) ]Defined by 8 scores distinct on Diener's subjective well-being scale
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03312673
|Contact: Gilles DEVOUASSOUX, Pr||04 26 73 29 47 ext +firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Lydia FERNANDEZ, Premail@example.com|
|Service de Pneumologie Hôpital de la Croix-Rousse||Not yet recruiting|
|Lyon, France, 69004|
|Contact: Gilles DEVOUASSOUX, Pr 04 26 73 29 47 ext +33 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Lydia FERNANDEZ, Pr email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Gilles DEVOUASSOUX, Pr|