Accuracy of Corneal Astigmatism in Different Region Modes
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03299530|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : October 3, 2017
Last Update Posted : November 27, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Astigmatism Cornea||Other: patients with corneal astigmatism|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||70 participants|
|Official Title:||Accuracy of Corneal Astigmatism in Different Region Modes|
|Actual Study Start Date :||October 10, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||February 10, 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||February 28, 2019|
patients with corneal astigmatism
Patients who had received phacoemulsification surgery with or without implantation of toric IOL are with a certain amount of corneal astigmatism.
Other: patients with corneal astigmatism
The total corneal astigmatism, anterior chamber depth, will be measured by a Scheimpflug tomographer. Pupil size will be measured by itrace device and MONCV3 device. Residual astigmatism will be tested by subjective refraction.
- Vectorial difference [ Time Frame: ≥1 month after surgery ]The vectorial difference between measured corneal astigmatism (under multiple different region mode settings) and actual corneal astigmatism.
- pupil size [ Time Frame: ≥1 month after surgery ]pupil size of patients in a bright environment measured by itrace device and MONCV3 device
- pupil size 2 [ Time Frame: ≥1 month after surgery ]pupil size of patients measured by Pentacam HR device
- residual astigmatism [ Time Frame: ≥1 month after surgery ]residual astigmatism tested by subjective refraction
- total corneal astigmatism [ Time Frame: ≥1 month after surgery ]Total corneal astigmatism measured by a scheimpflug tomographer under different region mode settings.
- Anterior chamber depth [ Time Frame: ≥1 month after surgery ]The distance between corneal apex and anterior surface of IOL measured by a scheimpflug tomographer
- actual corneal astigmatism [ Time Frame: ≥1 month after surgery ]actual corneal astigmatism is derived from residual astigmatism at corneal plane and cylindrical power of IOL at corneal plane through Holladay 2 formula.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03299530
|Contact: AYong Yu, MD.PhD.||+firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Xu Shao, MDemail@example.com|
|Eye Hispital of Wenzhou Medical University||Recruiting|
|Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China, 325000|
|Principal Investigator:||AYong Yu, MD.PhD.||Wenzhou Medical University|