Association Between Dietary Habits and Gestational Diabetes
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03287297|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : September 19, 2017
Last Update Posted : September 20, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Gestational Diabetes Mellitus||Diagnostic Test: OGTT & HBA1c|
*Aim of the work: To investigate associations between maternal dietary patterns and GDM.
Patients and Methods:
- Study design: A cross sectional study was conducted.
- Study site: GDM Outpatient Clinic of Assiut University Hospital.
- Study population: The study will include all pregnant women at 24th to 28th gestational age, who attending to GDM Outpatient Clinic during the period of The Study.
- Inclusion criteria include pregnant women at 24th to 28th age of gestation.
- Exclusion criteria include pre-gestational diabetic women and pregnant women before and after 24th -28th week of gestation.
- Instrument: Structured designed questionnaire: Which consists of socio-demographic characteristics, Medical and obstetric history and other risk factors for GDM including previous GDM, family history of diabetes, twins in current pregnancy, history of PCO and macrosomic baby in current or previous pregnancy, also contains information about regularity and frequencies of daily meals taken by the women, and information about food group frequencies per week, food groups like vegetables, fruits, fast food , red and processed meat, fish and seafood, whole grains, cereal fiber, sweetened beverage, dessert food and use of multivitamins.
- Data collection: Direct interview will be done with each participant separately for filling the food frequency questionnaire by the researcher himself during the period from January 2017 to June 2017
- BP (mmHg)
- Body Weight (kg)
- Height (cm)
- OGTT (75gm) 2hr
- HBA1c (if Bl. Glucose ≥ 200mg/dl).
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||150 participants|
|Official Title:||Association Between Dietary Habits and Gestational Diabetes|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||December 1, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||June 1, 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 1, 2019|
- Diagnostic Test: OGTT & HBA1c
oral glucose tolerance test & HBA1c: by measuring glycated hemoglobin
- Blood Glucose Level [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Mean difference In Blood Glucose Level Among Cases
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03287297
|Contact: Nabila Fayek, Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Naglaa Mohamed, Lectureremail@example.com|